We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock
Level Contributor
609 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

Finalizing my itinerary and was just wondering if it is best to try and make dinner reservations for 23 00 hr or just walk around until we find a place to eat.

We will be returning from a day trip in London and was not sure if we should make dinner reservations for when we return to Paris or wing it.

Merci.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

Most things will have closed by that hour -- there are some 24-hour cafes and bistros, but the full-service restaurants will have rolled down the shutters by 11pm.

You probably should grab something in London - the Eurostar terminal has a small Marks & Spencer, and some sandwich counters.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,765 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

We found a few cafes in the Rue Dauphine/ Rue Buci area had some offering at that hour( we too had returned from the night bike tour that ended at 11) but not much,, a sandwich or salad perhaps. Which area are you staying in,, La Couple( a brasserie) is open for service till midnight it says,, not sure it that means they will serve you dinner if you are arrive at 11:45 though.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

You might also consider getting something on the train itself. Depending on tie of day and class of service, you'll either be served a meal or there will be food for sale in the bar car.

eurostar.com/UK/…food_on_board_new.jsp

Paris, France
Level Contributor
517 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

Zagat has a list of 5 restaurants with 24h service here: zagat.com/paris/open-24-hours-restaurants. They are all brasserie-style and I can vouch for the fair to good quality of all of them except Costes (which I do not know)

Tom

Little Rock
Level Contributor
609 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

We're staying on Rue Dauphine/ rue Christine 75006. We guessed maybe we needed to ear before we left London or just settle on a brasserie / 24 hour cafe.

The last time we walked around until we found something and just had dessert. I guess I wanted to make sure that we didn't need to make reservations.

Merci.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
609 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

Tom, thank you . I think we were typing at the same time.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

buying food on the train is not recommended -- it's overpriced, and utter crap.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,765 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

well its a small step up from airline food,, a very small step though, lol

Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

Not sure. Quite often I've found that airline food was better than train 'food'. But it's not difficult to avoid it (easier than in a plane!); last time we came back from London, less than 2 week ago, we bought excellent sandwiches made to order before going to St Pancras.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
609 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reservations or Walk in at 23 00hr

I forget that we're staying in an apartment. We could visit the market the day before, Picard or Monoprix and get some food and be prepared when we got back.

Sorry, We're first timers using an apartment and just that quickly forgot the benefits. Yippee.