We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help. I am getting very confused with tickets and maps of paris and how to get around. I am travelling in a party of 4 adults and 1 3yr old plus suit cases from CDG to Paris centre we are staying at the Elysees 8 which is near the champs elysees as we are lead to believe.

I have been looking at the Paris Visite passes for 1 of the days as we are wanting to explore the day we get there. Then the day after make our way some how to Disneyland. Please could any one advise what is the best way to get to the hotel and then to disney the next day and the best tickets to buy. I read somewhere that the Paris Visite passes cannot be used from the airport can any one advise if this is the case.

Thank you inn advance for the help.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

For that many people, I'd recommend taxis, the larger ones, hands down.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

With four adults, a child, luggage, just head for the taxi queue at CDG and take a taxi to your hotel.

The Paris Visite passes can to used to/from the airport, but, do the math

www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_21894/paris-visite/

See www.transilien.com for prices of tickets to Disney. It may be most economical (since there are five of you) to purchase a carnet of ten tickets.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

You have confused the Paris Visite Pass with the Mobilis Pass. It is the Mobilis Pass that cannot be used to/from airports.

As you have read above, taxis are the most cost effect and timeliest transportation solution from CDG to central Paris. Expect to pay 45€ to 55€ plus 3€ for the 4th and subsequent passengers.

For transportation to Marne la Vallee, the cost from central Paris is 7.10€. For travelling around central Paris, purchase a carnet - 10 individual tickets for 12.50€. The 3 year old travels at no cost.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

I am still a little confused. Sorry to sound stupid but the carnet of 10 tickets do they have to be for the same route or can you use them on any route in the same zones?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

You may use and/or share a group of 10 tickets t+ (un carnet) costing 12.50€ for travel anywhere in central Paris on the metro or bus. Individually, these tickets cost 1.70€.

The ticket t+ will not take you to Disney (Marne la Vallee/Chessy). Marne la Vallee is about 50 minutes to the east of Paris on the RER A4, tickets cost 7.10€

In either example above (central Paris on the metro or to the exterior on the RER) there is no charge for a 3 year old.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

I've long wondered, but don't take the opportunity to ask, does Disney have a shuttle from anywhere downtown, even just at some times of the year? They do this for all their parks in other parts of the world. If so, it probably would have been mentioned before. But if so, I might have missed it. Thank you.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 23:45
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

<<does Disney have a shuttle from anywhere downtown,>>

No.

Disney negotiated to have the RER extended right to their front door. There is absolutely no need for a shuttle.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

For detailed instructions on getting to/from Paris or to/from Disney on the RER train, check out the paris by train website.

www.parisbytrain.com

Think of the carnet as 10 individual tickets that can be used by one person for ten one-way trips, 2 people for 5 one-way trips, 5 people for two one-way trips, etc.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

Thank you, Sarastro.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,091 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from Cdg to paris then Disney the day after.

if you are staying in Paris but traveling to Disney for the day you can get a carnet of 10 point to point tickets that will cover your party going to and returning from Disney -- these 10 RER tickets would give you a discount on the cost of travel to Disney and since there are 5 of you, one carnet would get you there and back from anywhere in Paris -- I assume you are doing this as a day trip and then returning to Paris