We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in the Marais district, advice on apartments

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
First time in the Marais district, advice on apartments

Hi, we are travelling to Paris in April for the first time with our three year old. We usually stay on the Left Bank, but wanted to try something different. The Marais area seems good for transport and shops etc and I have found two apartments that seem great but am hoping that I can get some advice on the general area they are in before I make a decision.

We would like to be near shops and restaurants and importantly metros. Also, preferably, would prefer a quiet street.

holidays-france-rentals.com/apartments/…164

www.all-paris-apartments.com/index.php5…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Kerry

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in the Marais district, advice on apartments

My 2 cents- the first one has no lift and is on the 2nd floor [3 flights of stairs] and with a young child that could get old fast. The first one looks very sophisticated and I would worry about a youngster with all that white. Where would you put a cot?

I think the second one is in a better location; we stayed in that exact area last year and loved it. Lots of shops, places to eat and the metro is very close. It looks a bit more child friendly and it has a lift.

Good luck~

Edited: 29 February 2012, 05:10
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in the Marais district, advice on apartments

I'm confused doesn't the second floor in Paris mean two flights of stairs?

In any case I personally like the location of the second apartment better as it is close to where we stayed a few years ago.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in the Marais district, advice on apartments

2nd floor french is the third level. Ground floor is street level, then first floor and then second floor. And yes, it would be 2 flight of stairs, not 3. Sorry.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in the Marais district, advice on apartments

Well as the OP is Australian the 2nd floor is the 2nd floor.

I think it's a US thing to count differently. But the extra lot of stairs really had me worried! ;-)

5. Re: First time in the Marais district, advice on apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:41