We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Paris...where to stay?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Paris...where to stay?

This will be my first trip to Europe (from the US), and I will only be there for one day. I'm flying into CDG airport (then flying out from CDG). Any advice on where to stay, if I'll also be wanting to go into the city? Frugality is always a welcomed option...(~150$).

Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Paris...where to stay?

I know you said a day but what time of day do you arrive? CDG is out of the city, so you will have to grab the RER. I would suggest staying by Montmartre, its close to Gare du Nord where the RER stops. If you want to see the sights, try out a hop on, hop off. You can take the tour all at once, or hop off, spend extra time at certain attractions and grab the next bus to resume the tour.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Paris...where to stay?

You could also stay by the Latin Quarter (take the RER to the St Michel or Luxembourg stop). That's within easy walking distance of Notre Dame and the Seine.

You shouldn't have much trouble finding a hotel for $150 or less, for just one person.

3. Re: One day in Paris...where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 19:55