We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days trip to countryside.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SG
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days trip to countryside.

Hi,

We'll be travelling to Paris in May, and want to spend 3-4 days in the countryside taking in the scenary, wine and cheese.

Am looking for some suggestions on location and itineray...

Thank you!

ireland
Level Contributor
975 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

If you read CaptainPlanIt's trip report, it's very long but worth it, you might get some ideas. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k45423… If the link doesn't work it's on page 13 of the trip report sticky at the top of the forum.

Edited: 08 March 2012, 09:49
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

Burgundy and the Loire valley both have lots of countryside scenery, wine and cheese, and neither are so far from Paris that they would require many hours of driving.

SG
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

Hi Hi...

elleLy : Thanks I will take the time to read through it!

toilettduckk: these places sounds so nice!! Thanks for the suggestions I will go research on them!!!

4. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 March 2012, 16:35
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

These books might be helpful:

amazon.com/Frommers-Great-Drives-France-Driv…

amazon.com/Back-Roads-France-Eyewitness-Trav…

Spring Hill, Florida
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

We did a side trip to the Loire Valley on my last trip and fell in love with the area. If you like castles, even better, because they're everywhere there.

We stayed in Amboise, though Tours is probably a more popular place to set up for a few days. It's pretty central to the châteaux and is a bigger town than Amboise. (Though I loved Amboise: it was so quaint and peaceful, and eating dinner outside in front of the château was fantastic.)

Waterbury, CT
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

We did a wine tasting at Le Tasting Room in the Loire Valley and it was excellent. I can't say enough good things about the couple that runs it. They offer a variety of options for tours and tastings and will work with you on setting up something if you will be in the area for several days.

The reviews on TA are all excellent. Here is there website;

http://www.letastingroom.com/

SG
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

HI

troggs: Thanks for the recommendations! will go take a look at the books

AllisonPJ: wow you are making me drool over Liore Valley have never seen an actual castle! would love to see one real life!!! are there ones that we can enter and explore?

JDeP570: Wow this place looks great! will definitely explore one of their tours... the "A taste of Anjou" and the "Secrets of the River" looks appealing!!

Spring Hill, Florida
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

There are a ton of castles in the region that you can explore! The one we went to was Château de Chenonceau, which was beautiful. Most of the rooms are open to be toured there, and the gardens are very impressive. Also, there's Château de Chambord, which is much bigger than Chenonceau and probably the second mos popular in the region. We wanted to visit it, but didn't have the time. Château de Villandry is another popular one, known most for it's fantastic gardens.

There are many others, though. You can probably find more information and tips on them in the Loire Valley section of TA: tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g187196-Loire_Valley…

Here are the official sites for the three castles I mentioned above.

Chenonceau: http://www.chenonceau.com/en

Chambord: chambord.org/Chambord-en-idm-1-n-Accueil.html

Villandry: http://www.chateauvillandry.fr/

10. Re: 4 Days trip to countryside.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:42