We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

Corona del Mar...
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

Will be in Paris for 5 nights in August. Travelling with hubby and kids ages 17 and 14. Any input on best accommodations - understand that most hotels in Paris do not offer the 2 dbl bed option. Recommendations for hotels in 4th,5th and 6th arr - What are my room type options - 2 rooms or a family suite? Looking for 2+/3 star properties - thanks in advance for your input! Cheers - Melissa

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,338 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

the family suite that is common in the US is not common in Europe. if you want 4 adults in one room with one bathroom look at the quad room hotel lists. they are posted here almost weekly. just run a search -- there was one yesterday I think

a more gracious approach, but more expensive would be to get two double -- you should be able to get twin beds in a room for the kids

Level Contributor
2,785 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

I am sure you considered it, but when we looked at options for a family of four we went the apartment route. It was cheaper then two very small bedrooms and we had so much more room.

Good luck on your search.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
561 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

Melissa,

Other option is looking at aparthotel, it is less complicated than renting an apartment and less expensive than booking 2 rooms at hotel. Go to accorhotels.com (accor group is big chain hotel).

To find review, you can either google the name of the hotel, most likely you will find tons of review on booking.com or TA.

Have fun searching!

Albi

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

The forum search is your friend:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k15546…

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

Hi there

Agree with Albi about apart'hotel. The Citadines - Bastille - might suit you. I haven't stayed there but have stayed at The Citadines - Trafalgar Square - and I could not fault the accommodation. The location of The CItadines - Bastille - is quite good too.

Kind Regards

Merran

Corona del Mar...
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

thanks all for the comments and suggestions - very helpful! Now comes the tough part - deciding on the best place!!!!!

7. Re: Family Suite or 2 rooms for family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:40