We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in 3 days ...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Paris in 3 days ...

Hi Travellers

I need some swift advice.

In Paris for just 3 days.

Want to see the tourist things Eiffel Tower, Louvre etc.

What is the best way to see them?

A guide a tour?

Anyone have any good experiences with people or companies that I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in 3 days ...

I personally would stay around the left bank in the 4th - 7th arrondisements. It easy from anywhere in central Paris (Even arrondisements 1, 2, etc on the right bank - that whole central part of Paris) everything is easy to get to. You would probably walk to the Louvre, catch the metro to the Eifel Tower. You could start with a HOHO bus thing that will take you past all the major attractions and you get on and off as you please (handy for a short trip like yours)....or a river cruise and take it from there. Do do some walking - its wonderful to do in Paris...walk along the streets, see the shops, the people, the streets, feel it etc.

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
99 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in 3 days ...

You will be amazed how much you can see on a bike tour...we loved it! They run about 3-4 hours but you see a lot! Also, instead of a restaurant, have a picnic at the Eiffel Tower one night...p/u supplies on Rue Cler aand walk over. Walk the Champs Elysees from Arc de Triomphe (which you can climb to top for great views) all the way to Place de la Concorde fountains. Also, wander around the St Germain area.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in 3 days ...

You will have a choice of walking tours, bus tours, bike tours--even private tours if within your budget.

Info for hop-on-hop-off bus tour:

www.parislopentour.com/paris-accueil.php

Info for 90 minute bus tour (no stops):

http://www.foxity.com/en

Walking tours:

http://www.newparistours.com/

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris in 3 days ...

Thanks guys.

Some great suggestions.

Just found out we are there at Easter - makes things a little more challenging!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris in 3 days ...

Personally i would skip the Champs Elysees. Yes it is famous but its just highly commercial, lots of shops, nothing really interesting. I would rather walk around Rue Mazarine or around any other place that the champs. I did love walking from the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe though - just lovely.

6. Re: Paris in 3 days ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 09:20