We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jbj
midwest
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

We will have a taxi pickup about 6:45 or so for our 11:10 flight to return home. We will check to see if neighborhood bakeries are open to pick up a croissant or two before we leave. Any problem eating these in the taxi? More importantly, will we be able to take them through security?

I would imagine we fly out of Terminal 1--USAIR. What are our eating options there if we have time. I have read about the long lines and realize we may not have time.

Also, are there restrooms in the gate area? I thought I read somewhere that you would have to leave the area and go through security again...hope not.

Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

No, I would not take crumbly croissants in a cab -- they make an unholy mess, and I cannot imagine that any driver would be pleased to see the detritus from a cab full of croissants, no matter how careful you try to be.

(In general, you eat in restaurants and cafes -- not too many people wander around with breakfast on the go.)

Keep in mind that you're asking if an airport bigger than O'Hare has modern plumbing and conveniences -- and yes, it does. See the terminal maps here: aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/…T1_CDGVAL

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
702 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

The terminal maps do not show the location of restrooms. And no matter how large the airport, there can sometimes be isolated gate locations that don't have convenient restroom access. The original poster was just looking for some local knowledge on this; it seems like the harsh tone of the response was not warranted or helpful.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

I've never been to a departing gate at CDG that did not have easy access to restrooms. There may be some, but I've never encountered it.

The USAir gates we used had restrooms, a small café/bar and even some entertainment for the kids.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

there are cafes at the airport after security in which you can get any possible thing for breakfast including omelettes and such -- pastries are readily available -- some of them may not open till 8 or so but you will have no trouble getting fed at the airport -- and there are restrooms in the gate areas.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

In a couple of decades of extensive international travel, both personal and professional, I have yet to find a major international airport with no access to toilets from the gate areas.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

When we have to leave very early, I make instant coffee in our room w/ bev immersion heater, and we have a roll or yogurt or something bought the day before (kept in small fridge). That gets us going out the door, then we usually have some time at the gate to get another coffee and/or goodie...

jbj
midwest
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

Thanks for the kind replies..no croissants in the cab! The only reason I asked about the restrooms in the gate area was because of a post I read earlier...might have even been from a couple of years ago. I did think it was strange if there were no facilities past the security areas...that is why I asked. I have always felt that was the purpose and beauty of TA...to ask questions if for no more reason than to ease someone's mind.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,003 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

Be aware that food and drink in the airports is very expensive - people complain about prices in Disneyland, but prices in CDG and Orly airports make Disney look cheap!

One pack of sandwiches and a bag of crisps ( potato chips ) in Orly airport cost me € 9.40 in January. I think a small white coffee was € 3.50.

jbj
midwest
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

Thanks. We are very familiar with airport food costs. I go as far as security with my bottle of water, throw it away and then spend at least triple the amount to buy another on the other side. We just accept airport expenses as part of traveling.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
608 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: breakfast/food at CDG plus other questions

Maybe the OP is referring to arrival to CDG. There were no restrooms accessible to travelers after you pass security and pick up our luggage. All the restrooms are out of the luggage area.

However, when departing CDG, that is not the case.