We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nail Salon

vancouver
Level Contributor
160 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Nail Salon

We will be in Paris for 2 weeks in May/June. Does anyone know where I would be able to get a Gel Manicure while we're there? We will be renting an apartment in the 7th.

Thanks for any suggestions/assistance.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,065 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nail Salon

Not sure what a gel manicure is, but there is a nail salon on the rue du Bac, I think its called Biguine bar à ongles. Its between Varenne and St Germain, right side of the street, back to the Seine.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nail Salon

There are salons throughout the 7th for manicures. I just make an appointment when passing by and return later.

If you're referring to the new gel/shellac polishes, which require a special patented light, I don't know if those are available in Paris.

However, manicures in general are double or more what I pay at home.

I tried the shellac polish ahead of a trip home for a wedding. It's incredibly beautiful and extremely long lasting (until your nails grow out). If you were to have it done at home, would definitely last your trip. Be advised, though, that the removal procedure is brutal - tons of pure acetone and a lot of scraping, which I decided to be too unkind to my natural nails to be worthwhile.

vancouver
Level Contributor
160 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nail Salon

Thank you both for the information. I was referring to the new gel/shellac polishes and have used them before. We are going to be away for about a month which is why I want to have them done before we leave Paris. I think they'll be OK for the 2 weeks, but not a month as they will grow out. I will just keep my eyes open when we're out and about and Phread, I will definitely check out the salon you mentioned.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nail Salon

Here's a link to Nail Factory -- there's one on the rue de Grenelle:

http://www.nailfactory.fr

They appear to have gel polishes. As an alternative, could you bring your own polish along for them to use? I always do that at home anyway (don't use gel, though) so that I can quickly repair tiny chips.

vancouver
Level Contributor
160 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nail Salon

Thanks nutsabouttravel. I will check them out as well. I could probably have plain gel put on at home and then take my own polishes and change them myself. The problem with the gel polishes is that they have to "cure" with a special lamp and I wouldn't have that with me.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nail Salon

WHAT??? You are NOT bringing your special lamp??? :-))))

vancouver
Level Contributor
160 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nail Salon

I'm afraid not. I don't even own one so I guess I'll just have to make do.

Thanks again.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nail Salon

I plan on climbing Notre Dame and Arc de Triomphe but my wife is not quite up to the challenge. I would like to arrange for her a manicure one day and a pedicure another day while I am out trying to avoid cardiac arrest. We are staying near Petit Pont and St Germain. Can you recommend a salon nearby? What time would they open? What would I expect to pay? What would you tip? Could I arrange everything for her the day before? Thanks for your help - I know it would be something she would long remember!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nail Salon

I would also recommend Nail Factory on rue de Grenelle in the 7th.

Had a great mani and pedi there last September. They do gel polish with the special lamps :)

Enjoy the pampering!

London
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Nail Salon

Maybe this is too late but I just want to add another english speaking nail spa (very posh) called My little cocoon at 90 rue de vaugirard, 6e. These girls are Japanese and Vietnamese and u know in Japan, they dont only apply their nail polish; they actually decorate them with gel, and it's really nice. Worth checking out