We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

Can some one please advise what would be the best place/store in Paris to purchase a Louis Vuitton bag ? I'd prefer a bigger store with more variety and a good overall shopping experience.

Thanks !

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

Bigger store is the flagship on Champs-Elysées, iciest store IMO is St-germain-des-Prés besides Les Deux Magots.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
516 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

I can tell you where not to go... lol... The Champs-Elysées flagship store is a horror for queueing and hordes of asian tourists. A shame really, b'coz I'm sure the exhibit is worth the visit, but not worth the queueing IMO. The store at Galleries Lafayette is the same...

I visited the store at Le Bon Marché and it was very pleasant. I walked in and there was only one other Parisian lady shopping in the store. Sales lady was very nice and helpful. She put up with my stodgy French very patiently until I realized when I was paying that she spoke English. There's another store in St. Germain, which I haven't been to but I would imagine it to be less crazy compared to above mentioned stores.

Have fun... With the strong Aussie dollar atm, shopping is so much fun.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

Thanks ! That does give me with a head start :)

Also, do we give GST back at the airport.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

There's an LV store on the Avenue Montaigne, just off the Champs, which is large and may be less crowded.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
516 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

It's called VAT in EU, and see my post below on the refund process. Make sure you bring at least a copy of your passport with you when you go shopping and ask for the detaxe form when you pay for your item. Le Bon Marché allows you to get your money back at their desk (obviously after they get a cut) but this does not apply for the LV store inside the department store. Dunno why...

tripadvisor.com/…35591668

Also, what I did before I got to Paris was check out the LV prices on the website to compare prices in OZ. It also gives you an idea of which pieces to look at when you get there so you don't waste precious time trying to decide. Don't forget that if you're after a specific limited edition/ unusual piece, you're best to contact the store in advance to make sure they have it in stock.

Saint Paul, MN
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

I like the St. Germain store. Happy shopping!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

I would probably only go to the Champs Elysées flagship if I had any reason to shop there, but it is mostly because my office was in the store site for 8 years. I have only been back into the building once even though I walk in front of it each and every day, but the people hovering over me were nice about it and understood my unusual interest in the place.

They paid my office 18 million francs for us to leave the location 9 months before the end of the lease and yet the building remained empty for the following 5 years. I am really impressed at how rich corporations can waste money, since they get it back from their customers later on, just by pricing their goods appropriately.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,181 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

I walked in that store on Champs Elysees once.....

They had an hour waiting list to SEE a salesperson.

Hmmm... you want THOUSANDS of Euros (or Hundreds of Euros) and I have to WAIT to give it to you. I don't think so :) If I am buying "luxury" I want service not Baskin Robbins "take a number" LOL!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

True, but since the owner is the 4th biggest fortune in the world, he is probably not all that worried about your custom.

That is the way with the rich.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
517 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Louis Vuitton Shopping in Paris

You gotta build up desire....

I remember when I was working in a top floor at HSBC just next door; from the window of my office, I would often see Japanese / Korean / Chinese customers give big wads of 500 euro bills to perfect strangers, asking them to queue up and buy something for them, and then get back the long-desired item in a small lane behind the store (with a big commission for the perfect stranger, of course). This is due to the number of items per person and per day being limited.

Tom