We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bateaux Mouches departure point

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
678 reviews
Save Topic
Bateaux Mouches departure point

Does Bateaux Mouches leave from the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, or Port de la Comference or Pont de l'Alma? I have seen it listed a couple different ways? Where is Port de la Confernce? I see on their website that those who buy tickets online can skip waiting in line?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

They leave from the Pont de l'Alma, metro Alma-Marceau. I have never waited in line to buy tickets there, although I suppose it is possible. They have ticket machines and turnstiles like the metro.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,425 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

there are several different companies. one leaves below Pont Neuf, at least one near Notre Dame, at least one at Pont d'Alma and at the Eiffel Tower.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

Bateaux Mouches is the registered trademark for just one of the boat companies.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,425 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

yeah yeah but when people ask this question often what they are asking is 'where do I get a Seine river cruise?' -- note I did mention several companies do this Bateaux Mouches is just one of them

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
678 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

I read that Bateaux Mouches gives a longer, less expensive tour with an upper deck to go to than Bateaux Pariseenes. Not sure if that is correct. Not sure which one is better.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

Well, they definitely have the biggest boats and they all have upper decks. The trips lasts 70 minutes. I think the other companies are 60 minutes.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
678 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

All the cmpanies have upper decks? I guess then it does not matter which one we take, just whatever is most convenient.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

No, not all of the companies have upper decks. Some of the companies operate quite small boats. "They all have upper decks" = all of the boats operated by Bateaux Mouches.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,173 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

You can see photos of the vessels used by the various companies on their websites (Bateaux Mouches, Bateaux Parisiens, Vedettes du Pont Neuf, etc.). Except for the Bateaux Mouches, vessels vary a bit depending on departure time.

On the smaller vessels, you are confined to a seat and, when the boat is full, cannot move to the other side for better views along the route. You also cannot get away from a "lively" group. Photo ops may be obsructed by other passengers, the vessel, etc. Some do have a lower and upper deck - obstructed views on the lower deck, no way to get out of the sun/rain/wind on the upper deck.

The Bateaux Mouches have several levels, higher off the water. There are plenty of deck areas where you can stroll all over along with areas with cover from sun/wind/rain but still excellent views.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
678 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bateaux Mouches departure point

Bateaux Mouches might be best for me then and I know they leave from Pont d Alma. I like to be able to move around in case I feel closed in or want to take a picture. Thank you.