We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
222 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

I'm staying at the Pullman Montparnasse at the end of June with my two daughters who are 5 and 7. Can you recommend any family friendly restaurants in the area? I'm also looking for places to have breakfast each day. Both of my girls won't eat meat, so they prefer pastas, pizza, Mexican food, etc. Thank you!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
222 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

I should also add that they like Greek food (probably more options than Mexican food!)

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

There are tons of restaurants around the area, especially on the north side of the Montparnasse tower. You can get all sorts of food: pizza, regular French food, seafood, Middle-Eastern food, Japanese food, McDonald's, Starbucks, imitation Tex-Mex, crepes, etc. There's a slightly higher concentration of Greek food in the Latin Quarter, because of the Greek church nearby. You can get there in a few minutes on Line 4 of the Métro if you really need Greek food. Otherwise you should be able to find plenty of family-friendly places right around Montparnasse.

There are also many cafés and bakeries where you can get something for breakfast if you wish.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
517 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

There is a great and authentic (a rarity in Paris) Greek restaurant in rue Guisarde, near the marché St Germain (metro line 4, St Sulpice or St Germain stop), called Evi Evane. Additional bonus is the team is very nice.

There are lots of food options on rue du Montmparnasse, south of the Boulevard, ranging from dull to very good (among the latter would be Toritcho for sushi or Falstaff for choice of beers).

Tom

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

I think with children the ages of yours, I'd also consider Chez Clement on the bvd. Montparnasse. As chains go, it's perfectly acceptable. And the Créperie Josselin in Montparnasse would probably please them as well.

Paris
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

There is also a good (believe it or not) Mexican restaurant in the shadow of the Montparnasse Tower at 22 rue de l'Arrivée. It is called Casa Palenque. There are also the usual chain restaurants nearby.

Here is the web link for Casa Palenque: http://www.casapalenque.com/

Since you like Greek food, you might also like a Lebanese restaurant; there are lots of those in Paris, but not so many Greek places. In the Montparnasse neighborhood there is a branch of Noura at 121 Bd du Montparnasse.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

Coming originally from Texas, the prices on the menu for Casa Palenque made me gasp!

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,903 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

And creperies. That neighborhood is famous for creperies, sure kid pleasers.

Edited: 29 March 2012, 23:08
Paris
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

Wow, travelnutty, We consider Casa Palenque a real bargain. But prices here are sort of crazy compared to what they are in the States.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
222 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

I thought i read somewhere about a place where they throw plates on the floor (i'm sure it's Greek) My naughty children would love that! Has anyone heard of it or know what I'm talking about?

Florida
Level Contributor
17,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Montparnasse Area

yes, 'bacteria alley' in St Michel area (5th arr)... rue de la Huchette