We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite thing to do in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
119 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite thing to do in Paris

Apart from the high spots of Paris such as Louvre, Notre Dame, Orsay, Versailles, etc. what is your all time favorite thing to do or see in Paris or surrounding areas.....

I'm trying to plan for a return trip in June and knew you could come up with some great ideas.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

I honestly like just sitting in a cafe having a leisurely meal, followed by a cup of coffee and just watching the world go by (Paris is ideal for people watching).

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,764 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

Wandering un quartier with no specific destination or schedule and take in whatever the streets have to offer.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

My perfect day in Paris:

Waking up to the bells of Notre Dame in my room at the Hotel-Hospital Dieu (right across the street), walking across the Seine, getting a latte and a chocolate croissant at my favorite boulangerie in the Latin Quarter, wandering the streets and getting lost, and coming back to the Latin Quarter and relaxing for a late dinner on a sidewalk cafe....

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

My favorite thing is having a grand creme and a pain au chocolate. Yum!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,113 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

Berthillon ice cream in the Berthillon tea shop.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

Sooooo many to list!! But sandwiches from a street vendor during the day. And at night, I enjoy having some wine and sitting on the steps of Sacre Coeur, there is someone who is usually playing guitar, so nice to hear all the different languages and to sit and enjoy the lights of Paris.

Level Contributor
119 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

it's just the everyday sights and sounds of the city that make it special.....that's why i love Paris! My favorite is standing on Pont Alexandre III at sunset watching the boats go by, waiting for the tower to twinkle, all the while hoping and waiting for someone from as far back as the belle epoque to come walking across that lovely bridge!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

Walking. Just pick an interesting-looking street and walk...

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

Spending an evening watching wonderful ballet at the Opera Garnier.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite thing to do in Paris

We pack a picnic (BBQ chicken, baguette, cheese and a bottle of bubbles) and head to the Eiffel Tower before dusk. We find a place on the grass and sit and watch the night come down and the people go by. remember to wait for the light spectacular after dark. Have done this a couple of time- once was the night the top of the tower caught fire in 2003.