We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

Our flight is 11am on a Sunday. I think we'd rather do a ride rather than attempt the RER so early and with luggage! Can you reccommend a service that I can email prior to our trip?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,983 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

I strongly recommend you avoid any type of shuttle. Taxis on Sunday to most addresses in central Paris are from 40€ to 50€. Do not accept rides from clandestine drivers soliciting from within the terminal buildings. Go to the taxi queue which is but steps from the customs exit.

Buses are available to Opéra for 10€ (Roissybus) or the Air France bus has departures to Montparnasse, Gare de Lyon, Arc de Triomphe, or Porte Maillot for 16.50€ or less.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,118 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

There are countless posts about unreliable shuttles in Paris. Take a taxi.

Taxis G7 is reliable and has bookings in English by phoning 01 4127 6699

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,191 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

If as you asked, you want to use a shuttle. I recommend Shuttle Inter.

Level Contributor
25 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

I second the reply about shuttle-inter.com We booked them arriving and departing and they were very good. You don't pay until they pick you up. Can book them online and they confirm with you. Very convenient. I would recommend they pick you up 3 hours before your departure time.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

<<< I would recommend they pick you up 3 hours before your departure time.>>>

Assuming the OP is returning to the US this is very poor advice. You need to be at the airport 3 hours ahead. So you need to be picked up 4 hours ahead. And have a backup plan just in case the shuttle doesn't show up.... know where the nearest taxi rank is.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

Hmm, I think I might need to change my flight. We are due to leave Orly for Heathrow at about 7am...which means being picked up at 3am!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,983 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

The 3 hour recommendation for check in is for transatlantic flights

For an LHR flight from ORY, 90 minutes at that time of the morning is plenty and a taxi from most places in Paris should not take more than 45 minutes and will likely be a lot less.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

I contacted shuttle inter and they suggested 8 am or 8:30 pickup for our 11:30 flight to the US. I thought this would cut it too close, but how long would it take go get to cdg on a Sunday am really?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

Phew, thanks Sarastro!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,983 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reccommend a shuttle/car service to CDG from the 2nd arr.

<<shuttle inter and they suggested 8 am or 8:30 pickup for our 11:30 flight to the US.>>

You´re putting a lot of faith into this company, misplaced faith in my view. Virtually all of the US airlines suggest your being at the check in desk at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure. I have seen it written on American´s website, United´s, and Continental´s (now United). One of the reasons for this early show time is that you cannot check in after one hour before a scheduled departure time, a mandate from the TSA as they check and approve all passenger lists. The lines at CDG can be very long. 3 hours may not be sufficient if you have items you want to process through the detax office.

Sunday morning you might make CDG in 40 minutes depending upon from where in Paris you depart. I always plan one hour en route just to be sure. Of course heading the advice of others is absolutely optional.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 04:50