We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
7 posts
Save Topic
With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

Is it best/a good idea to purchase the Paris Pass & the metro pass if you plan to go more than arr. 1-3?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,066 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

Not purchasing the Paris Pass or Paris Visite will save you a bundle.

So, spend some of that on Navigo Decouverte weekly passes which are valid Monday-Sunday. On Sunday, you can decide if they are worth your while for the convenience or whether you'd prefer to switch to carnets as needed.

As mentioned, museum pass might be worth your while if you want to cram a lot of included places into consecutive days to save a few Euros rather than spread them out over your visit.

It is just not necessary to purchase the museum pass or transit passes ahead of arrival.

Check with the owner/manager regarding dropping your bags ahead of check-in time. It is almost always possible to do so.

San Antonio, Texas
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

Ah then! One final concern...to buy a Museum pass for the kids, or not?! I see under 18 is free, will the passport be enough proof? Do you have to stand in the ticket line to prove it, or do you just go to the entrance and it is fairly obvious they are children?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

RE kids under 18 and museum pass... no... the kids do not need a pass and can go straight to the security line with you. Probably passport scans would be good enough if you're asked for proof of age.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

if the kids are obviously well under 17 you just take them in with you on your pass -- if they are older teens who might possibly be 18 be sure they have a copy of their passport to prove age. when we traveled with my 14 year old daughter, she was never asked for proof of age. I can imagine a 16 year old might easily be asked.

coventry, england
Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

We were in Paris recently and our 5 day Metro pass was the best investment of the whole trip, it helped us out as we used train to and from CDG and this was included in the pass.

We also bought a 2 day museum pass and this was brilliant as well but you need to cram in a lot in the two days toi get best value. Even it covers the normal costs you have the advantage of quick entry especially valueable at the Louvre and D'Orsay.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

The 5 day Paris Visite Pass you are describing costs 53.40€. A 7 day Navigo Découverte with the same coverage, valid from Monday to the following Sunday will cost 33.90€.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

Lydia, just curious - will it take you 36 hours to travel from Texas to Paris?

San Antonio, Texas
7 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

I believe that includes a brief lay over,...but I may be missing the time difference in there somewhere...we leave at 2pm and arrive the next day. When I was looking at the length of the flights I thought that is what I came up with. If that sounds off, it is probably me!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

Your total travel time should be only be about 14 to 16 hours max, with a connection. Remember that Paris 7 hours ahead of Central Daylight Time. If you arrive at 9 am in Paris - it will be 2 am in San antonio - which would be 12 hours of travel.

20. Re: With the Paris Pass vs./& Metro pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:41