We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel jeanne d'arc or Hotel du haut marais?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel jeanne d'arc or Hotel du haut marais?

We will be in Paris for 4 nights in May. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on which hotel would better.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel jeanne d'arc or Hotel du haut marais?

I have stayed at the Jeanne d'Arc several times (if you mean the one on Rue de Jarente) but it has been several years. I love that little hotel, it's quirky but fun and in a great location. St Catherine Place is so cute and convenient and it's a quick walk to the St Paul metro and Rue de Rivoli.

But I've never stayed at the other one nor am I that familiar with that section of the Marais. Maybe someone else has stayed at both and can give you better advice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel jeanne d'arc or Hotel du haut marais?

If you can manage to get into Hotel Jeanne d'Arc, then grab it (and Kittycatwoman is right - make sure it is the one at rue de Jarente, there is at least one other hotel with the same name). I would be surprised if it is available as it tends to be booked out months in advance. I have stayed there - it is lovely and the location is fantastic.

I also very much like the north Marais area near Temple and Arts et Metiers Metro stops but don't know the other hotel

manila
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel jeanne d'arc or Hotel du haut marais?

Thank you both for your posts. Yes it's the one on Rue Jarente. I guess what I really want to find out is how the North Marais area compare to the St. Paul area.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel jeanne d'arc or Hotel du haut marais?

I'm sure either location is fine ...... they aren't that far apart ......just grab whichever hotel you like best and you'll be fine.

5. Re: Hotel jeanne d'arc or Hotel du haut marais?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:17