We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy Museum Pass before i go?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Buy Museum Pass before i go?

Do i buy the museum pass before i go to Paris? Or can i buy it in Paris very easily?

The thing im wondering is i want to see a few of the museums (Louvre, Arc de Triumph, and Notre Dame). If the museum pass worth it for these 3? I just dont want to wait in line for them.

Any help is appreciated.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
489 reviews
from US$73.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26,196 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy Museum Pass before i go?

if you go in any door except the Pyramid at the Louvre there is no line to speak of. The Arc doesn't really have line problems. Notre Dame has no charge and you have to go in line (which moves quickly) If you want to climb the tower (highly recommended ) the pass will pay the fee but not allow you to cut in line (they only admit 20 at a time -- worth it but a long wait.

you can pick up the pass easily in Paris -- usually at the first museum you wish to use it for

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy Museum Pass before i go?

I don't think the museum pass is worth it for those 3 museums/monuments. You would need to purchase a 2 day pass which is 39 Euro but the admission price is 9.50 for the Arc, 10 for the Louvre and 8.50 for the Notre Dame Towers - the church itself is free.

To make it financially viable you would need to add at least 1 or 2 more attractions to your plans. But if there are other things you would prefer to be doing in Paris, visiting museums you aren't interested in is definitely not saving money!

You can't skip the lines for the Notre Dame towers and by using almost any other entrance rather than the pyramid at the Louvre the wait is minimal. I've never seen much of a line at the Arc de Triomphe.

Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy Museum Pass before i go?

Just got back. Planned on buying 2 day,but went for 4 day. Glad I did. You will find that there are many lesser museums that u will drop into since u have the pass. If u go to 3-4 museums it pays for itself. Don't buy on line u can get it at airport. Don't buy it at love because u can skip the lines

Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy Museum Pass before i go?

Just got back. Planned on buying 2 day,but went for 4 day. Glad I did. You will find that there are many lesser museums that u will drop into since u have the pass. If u go to 3-4 museums it pays for itself. Don't buy on line u can get it at airport. Don't buy it at love because u can skip the lines

Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy Museum Pass before i go?

Buy it in Paris. U can get at airport or smaller museum. Don't by at louve. In my opinion, u would be foolish not to by if you plan on going to more than 2 museums. If u have the pass you will go to many

6. Re: Buy Museum Pass before i go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:17