We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

Hi there. We are visiting Paris in May and are planning on visiting all the sites...of course. Does anybody know if you can only pre-buy tickets for the Eiffel Tower other than the official website (you can't book/ buy before mid June now)? Also, is it best to book a Seine cruise, or just go on the day? Many thanks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
820 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

I think the Eiffel Tower only has one lift working until June which is why you can't prebook now for May. :(

No need to prebook Seine cruise. They are always available and you might want to pick your time according to the weather.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

I wouldn't pre-book a Seine cruise. What if it's rainy? It's not necessary anyway. You can print a coupon for a discount at vedettesdupontneuf.com and then present it at the window when you go for the cruise. Note that you need a coupon for each person.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

To clarify what HappyGoin said: to get the discount at Vedettes du Pont Neuf, you pay in advance and print your voucher(s) at home (saving a few euro), and the voucher is good for anytime. You are pre-paying but not committing to a particular date or time. It's a good deal, IMO.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

Grandmere3, I went to the website to check. They've changed it since I used it a number of years ago. There are now two options, the one you posted and the one I posted as well. I suppose if you thought you *might* take a cruise, the coupon would be worth bringing with you. But if you *know* you're going on a cruise, the pre-paid option is definitely a good deal.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

Can not find the coupon on vedettesdupontneuf.com

Can some one please give me the link?

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

No need to book a Seine cruise in advance. Bateux Mouches has the ability to put on another boat if the need arises. They also give a senior discount of about 10% if applicable. Just ask.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

Here it is, Zen:

www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/billet_en.php

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

That's great. Many thanks all :-)

Paleo Faliro, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

Can someone please tell the differences between Bateaux Mouches and Bateux Parisiens?

10. Re: Pre-booking Seine Cruise and Eiffel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:41