We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG Airport to Eurostar train

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
CDG Airport to Eurostar train

We're landing at 10:40 a.m. at CDG then would like to take the Eurostar to London at 1:15 p.m. Is this cutting the time too thin? Our train tickets will be reserved and no cancellations allowed! Can anyone provide some info please.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.20*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
571 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.40*
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,713 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

It´s possible as long as your flight arrives on time and you are picking up the Eurostar at CDG.

If your thinking is to try and catch the 13h15 Gare du Nord departure then it´s doubtful.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,924 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

that is too tight -- I try to never schedule a high stakes trip the same day I arrive in a city -- in my last three trips to Europe from Chicago 1. plane late 5 hours 2. plane late one hour 3. plane early half an hour. A late arrival of an hour or so is not at all unusual.

it might easily take an hour to get through immigration; then you have to get to the RER station, buy a ticket where there may be a line and catch the RER into Paris; that trip takes 45 minutes or so to Nord (and you may wait 15 or so minutes for a train) you are supposed to go through security for the Eurostar 30 minutes before departure

your odds of missing this train are very high -- you only make it if everything goes better than average

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,149 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

You should schedule a later train. Even if you're on time, it would be difficult to make it through customs and to Gare du Nord in this amount of time.

If you land at 10:40, it will be at least 11:00 before you're off the plane. Then you need to go through customs, which I've read can take 1-2 hours. Then to the train station and into Paris.

parisbytrain.com/charles-de-gaulle-airport-c…

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

It's usually about an hour from landing through passport control and collecting any checked bags, but could be longer. Walking to RER station, purchasing tickets, riding to Gare du Nord, will also take about an hour, but could be longer. You need to be at Gare du Nord at least 30 minutes before departure.

For me, that would be cutting it far too close, as, if your flight is late or is not assigned a gate immediately, all bets are off.

With tickets that cannot be refunded or changed, obviously, it is always better to allow more time than less. Would you rather have plenty of time, or be rushed and stressed and probably miss your train anyway?

There are plenty of places across from Gare du Nord to enjoy a nice lunch before heading to London.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,212 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

Hi, its awefully close and if anything goes wrong,( your plane arrives late, you loose some luggage and have to file an report) then its a bit too tight.. but it could work( if everything goes perfectly,,

Arrive on time( this is crucial ) ,, one hour to get through customs( it has taken me less since my flights go into a quieter terminal, are you using Air Canada or Air Transat?) ,, then one hour to get train tickets and take the RER into Paris where you will get off at Gare Du Nord( which is station Eurostar leaves from, but you need to go upstairs for Eurostar) . That takes us up to about 12:30-1,,, and check in ENDS at 12:45 .. so you see ,, one problem can make you miss your train.

If you haven't purchased eurostar tickets yet just purchase next time slot.. why put yourself through that,, one wrong thing and you will be screwed,, and badly since buying a ticket walk up at the station will cost three or four times an advance buy.. serioulsy can go in hundreds..

I would not do it, and I know how to get around,, do you?

6. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 April 2012, 16:53
Edited: 16 April 2012, 16:53
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,924 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

I assume there is some reason you are flying into Paris instead of London -- but you have to save a lot to make this worth doing. If you will be visiting Paris later, consider booking an open jaw ticket into London and out of Paris -- we have flown open jawed on every trip we have taken in the last 15 years. it is generally no more expensive than a round trip to each place averaged and saves the expense and hassle of getting back to the city you begin with

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

It all hinges on whether your Eurostar is leaving from CDG or from Gare du Nord.

If you're leaving directly from CDG, then it's tight, but possible.

From Gare du Nord, there's no way.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

Thank you everyone! I sincerely appreciate all advice given and will book a later train.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CDG Airport to Eurostar train

Hello. How do you buy a Eurostar ticket direct from from CDG to London? When I was at the Eurostar website the choice was only Paris to London. When do I get to choose whether to depart from central Paris or from CDG? My plane arrives at 9:40 am at CDG. What train time do you think I should take if I want to go directly to London? What are the differences in time, # of stops, cost, between the Eurostar from CDG/London and Central Paris/London? Thanks, Keith