We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment in Paris for 7 days

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment in Paris for 7 days

My husband and I are going to Paris for 7 days in late Sept. Has anyone had any trouble going through VRBO? I don't want to have to worry about being scammed, or is it better to stay in a hotel, or is there another source that is reliable and dependable I could rent an apartment from?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

I have used perfectlyparis.com twice so far. Gail only has apartments in Montmartre. I loved the village feel. Last year I stayed in Rooftop Vista. Beautiful big windows looking out over the rooftops up to Sacre Coeur. Perfectlyparis is highly recommended by Conde Nast Traveller, which is how I discovered the site

Mentioned in this post
Montmartre
Montmartre
15,499 Reviews
Paris, France
Aix-en-Provence...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

To avoid problems and to get the best apartment to match your individual requirements, you should work with a reputable professional agent who has personally inspected the apartment and can tell you about it and answer your questions. You could rick your valuable vacation time and money if you take a chance with an advertising site such as vrbo, because the rentals are not inspected and the advertiser is not verified. When choosing an agent, make sure that they are licensed, experienced, and have personally visited the rental properties, and are specialized in the destinations they offer.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,100 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

VRBO is basically using the 'classifieds' -- people list their properties there and your luck depends on the quality of the landlord. it is important to look for reviews of the property and landlord and to make a judgment in your correspondence with them. We have rented through VRBO properties several times and always had good experiences.

I prefer in Paris to deal with an agency that manages properties. Some agencies that have a good reputation of that are perfectlyparis, feelslikehomeinparis, and parisbestlodge.

lots of people use Vacationinparis and have had good experiences with them.

slowtrav.com has property reviews

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

If you search this forum this subject has been discussed many, many times. Please do some research and come back to ask questions about specific apartments.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

At the top left of this page is "Holiday Rentasl". I'd start there. After all it's on the Trip Advisor site

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,678 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

Like Dale, we stayed in Rooftop Vista and loved it, but we had been to Paris before and knew where we wanted to stay.

If you are renting you need to consider exactly what it is you want. I am thinking things like area, flights of stairs, wifi, amenities in the flat such as a dining table, washing machine, kitchen that matches your needs and a view of something that says you are in Paris.

Also closeness to the metro and buses, close to a supermarket (French supermarkets are amazing) nearby boulanger, restaurants and whatever else is important to you.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

Bonjour. We have used VRBO for places in Montana, France, Mexico, Hawaii, and Italy and were never disappointed. We check out the apartments/homes thoroughly on Tripadvisor, SloTrav, and other review sites (just Googling the address often brings up reviews) and then email the owner/agent with any questions. So far we have never had any surprises - except a few times the places have been better than we anticipated!

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Italy
Italy
Europe
Hawaii
Hawaii
252 Reviews
Jesolo, Italy
California
Level Contributor
7,394 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

I've rented an apartment listed on VRBO, but as mentioned above, it all depends on the owner. There's a certain level of safety dealing with an established management company who comes well-recommended and whom you're able to research and verify is trustworthy and problem free. I've rented from GuestApartment.com, parisdeluxerentals.com, franceforrent.com and vacationinparis.com all with no issues.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,678 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

Our VRBO place in Paris had the tiniest toilet crammed into one corner of the bedroom, an outlook on a light well and was in an area filled with shops selling wholesale, so closed at night and all rather dark and dingy. What looked charming on the website was less than charming in reality.

I might add that these days we will not rent if we have to pay all the money upfront. We will pay on arrival if the places is clean and in working order with reasonable equipment.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment in Paris for 7 days

www.vacationinparis.com are probably the most popular agency on this Forum - they are based in the USA, quote prices in USD and (usually) mail you the key in advance.

Another very popular one is www.parisbestlodge.com - can not recall having read even one adverse comment. Based in Paris, very easy to deal with.

I usually rent through www.rentalfrance.com and have been very happy with them - they do not have so many reviews here but several on Slowtrav.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France