We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
82 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

I read that the Ticket mobilis gives unlimited metro rides (excluding RER) for one day.

How do you count the day?

Is it per operational day (opening to closing of metro) or per 24 hours from stamping of ticket (e.g. 9:30pm today until 9:30p.m. tomorrow)

By the way, if you change from one line to another, do you have to buy another set of tickets?

For example, I would like to go from Blance, Montamartre to Eiffel tower. I take Line 2, change at C. de Gaulle Etoile, take Line 6 until Bir Hakeim. Does this ride require 2 tickets?

We are arriving at past 8pm and will ride the metro multiple times the following day. Im thinking of buying Ticket Mobilis for first day and use carnet for the following days.

62 replies to this topic
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

What are your arrival and departure dates, Andrea?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Mobilis is not valid from/to CDG.

Rockport, Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

may 9th early evening 12th early morning arriving and departing CDG Any ideas?? thank you so much

Rockport, Maine
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

I knew that the Mobilis wasnt valid for CDG, but i was trying to figure out what was less expensive..any ideas?? thank you

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Since you only have 2 full days, one of which in Versailles, then point to point tickets will be the cheapest option: 19 € for your airport transfers and 8.20 € for Versailles + a carnet of 10 tickets t+ for 2 people (giving you 5 rides each) at 13.30 = 33.85 € each.

However I would suggest the Navigo Découverte weekly pass which you can buy on your arrival Thursday and will be valid till the end of the week. It costs 34.40 € + 5 € for the actual card that is valid 10 years and you can reload on future trips. vianavigo.com/en/…

Edited: 26 April 2013, 00:32
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,029 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

since there are seven of you, you can also get a carnet of RER tickets from CDG to Paris which would give you ten tickets on that trip at a discount - then buy 4 additional single tickets for the return trip.

The ND might well be cost effective given two trips to the airport and a trip to Versailles as well as other travel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,029 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

oh and since I think noone has noted it -- you can probably get a cab at the airport that will haul all 7 of you into Paris and can probably arrange with g7 for a minivan cab to return which would probably be the cheapest way to go and the most convenient

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

I am travelling to Paris this weekend and had some questions on transportation there. I am planning to get a mobilis for zones 1 and 2. I understand that it allows unlimited travel on the metro within those zones. I wanted to know if this also works on the RER for zones 1 and 2. I read somewhere that the mobilis is only valid for RER in zone 1.l Please let me know if that is correct. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

parisbytrain.com/paris-metro/#tickets-passes <== that is a link to the information about the different tickets available. I believe it lets you travel within RER zones 1-2 for the mobilis. But I just read previous posts that it doesn't take you to CDG? what about the mobilis that covers zones 1-5, shouldn't that include airports as well??

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Mobilis covers all modes of transportation within the zones chosen, including the RER. But airports are an exception to this rule. You can use Mobilis on the bus from the airport to Paris but not on the RER from the airport to Paris.

Reply to: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted