We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

I read that the Ticket mobilis gives unlimited metro rides (excluding RER) for one day.

How do you count the day?

Is it per operational day (opening to closing of metro) or per 24 hours from stamping of ticket (e.g. 9:30pm today until 9:30p.m. tomorrow)

By the way, if you change from one line to another, do you have to buy another set of tickets?

For example, I would like to go from Blance, Montamartre to Eiffel tower. I take Line 2, change at C. de Gaulle Etoile, take Line 6 until Bir Hakeim. Does this ride require 2 tickets?

We are arriving at past 8pm and will ride the metro multiple times the following day. Im thinking of buying Ticket Mobilis for first day and use carnet for the following days.

62 replies to this topic
Burbank, California
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Janettravels, thank you very much for explaining the system in greater details, and describing your hands on experiences in purchasing tickets! That helps! Thanks again!!!

Amsterdam, The...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

I will arrive Paris on 7th May at about 9 pm at Bercy and stay in Paris until 8th 7 pm. I need your advice regarding 24-hour metro ticket for transporting unlimited times to visit several famous monuments in Paris as; Effel, Louvre, Arc de trioumph, Chatelet, Champ Lysee, Concorde, La Fayette, Montmartre, Sorbonne, Opera, Notre Dam, ...etc

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Even May 7 9PM - May 8 7PM is less than 24 hours, you need to buy 2-day unlimited ticket as those hours fall on 2 different days.

Amsterdam, The...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
44. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

how much does it cost ?? and what does it called ??

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
45. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

How to use the Paris Metro subway

http://parisbytrain.com/paris-metro/

A day ticket is called the Ticket Mobilis which is good for unlimited rides on the Metro system during operating hours for the day it is used.

It’s 6.80 Euros for Zones 1-2.

Single tickets for the Metro are known as “Ticket t+”. The single ticket price as of January 1, 2014 is 1,70€.

Books of ten tickets, called a “carnet”, are sold at a discount for 13,70€ (1,37€ each, a little under 20% off the regular fare).

Since you don’t have much time for the first day, you may want to buy just a few single tickets, then buy “Ticket Mobilis” for your second day.

Bandung
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

hello, after reading so much, still i got confuse. i'm soooo sloooww. i only have 1 day in paris, from morning till 18.00pm. If i want to use Metro+RER+bus, then what type of card/ticket i should buy that unlimited and able to transfer? cuase i read that mobilis only able to transfer metroto metro/rer, but no transfer between metro to bus. Is the paris visite pass my only option? kindly advised this slow lady here.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,021 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

For only 1 day in Paris, you can buy a zone 1-3 Paris Visite ticket for €10.85 and this will allow unlimited travel by bus, by metro, or by RER in zones 1-3. However, it may cost you less if you just buy a few ordinary t+ tickets for €1.70 each.

These prices will go up on 1 January, but the relative costs will stay much the same.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

missasoen, it depends how you coming / leaving Paris. If you stay within city limits 1 day Mobilis ticket zone 1-2, at 6.80 Euro would cover all transit needs, but if you fly to / from CDG- its 5th zone and Mobilis would not be valid.

Bandung
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Thankyou Sydneynick and Tesa227 for your reply ! I'll be coming from London via IDBus in Gare de Bercy, so I already in city center. And going out from Gare de Lyon.

I'm probably only focus in some place around zone 1-2, and due to my limited time, i think i prefer to go around on bus when it's available, so i can still catch a sightseeing while on my way to a destination.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity

Then Mobilis zone 1-2 will perhaps be the best bet as it's cheaper than Visite and gives you benefits of using all means of public transportation.

Reply to: Ticket Mobilis or Day Pass validity
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted