We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

Whats the best way besides a taxi to get to downtown Paris? I am flying into charles de gaulle in the daytime. Do they have shuttles waiting outside I can just hop on? I know about the metro option already but I'm worried about getting lost. Any suggestions would be great;)

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,496 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

Taxi is the best way.

Other than that you can take the train, 9.25€; Roissybus to Opéra, 10€, Air France bus to Gare de Lyon, Gare de Montparnasse, Porte Maillot, or Arc de Triomphe, cost approximately 16.50€ depending upon destination.

Shuttles must be arranged in advance, I recommend you avoid them.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,804 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

Other than a taxi, it's going to depend on your destination as to which the best option would be. If you post the hotel name or apartment address it's much easier for others to provide more precise answers.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

Indeed. And what do you mean by "downtown Paris" anyway? Do you mean central Paris? The business district? One of the low numbered arrondissments? There are a number of convenient ways into the central area of the city from the airport and the RER can be very handy, especially if you are close to Chatelet-Les Halles.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

Depend where you are staying, I have stayed in several places where I just got off the RER from CDG and walked a block or two to my hotel, impossible to get "lost".

Where is your hotel.. and btw,, on your hotel website it likely lists the closest RER and metro stops to them, plus how to get there from the airport. If travelling solo and with easy luggage I take the RER,, it fast and cheap. Taxis are fine if with a child, splitting the ride with companions , or arriving at night or in rain,( or with too much luggage) but don't be intimadated to take RER cause you think it may be complicated, it may not be at all!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

There is no metro that goes all the way out to CDG. The RER is an above ground commuter train that goes underground after reaching Paris at Gare du Nord. A ticket from the airport is 9.25 and it allows you to transfer to the metro. If you let us know where you are staying people will give you exact directions and the handiest way to do it by public transit.

It is actually hard to get lost on the metro system. The lines are numbered and clearly marked, the direction you want is determined by the name of the station at the end of the line you're on. Any decent guidebook will have a metro map. This site is useful: http://www.parisbytrain.com The official site and interactive map is at http://www.ratp.com and you can download all kinds of metro apps for Paris. I like the RATP one, MetrO and Paris-ci.

I find taxis the most convenient way to get into the city. Depending on where exactly you're going the fare will be in the 45-55 euro range plus or minus.

Edited: 26 April 2012, 13:32
6. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 19:05
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

Take a taxi.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

take the RER.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

Thinking the OP has come and gone folks, the post is 6 months old.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get from CDG to downtown Paris in the daytime?..

The bus Roissy to Opera 10 euros forty five minutes if your hotel is within five minutes walk.