We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
29 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

Hi there, I'm trying to find an apartment to rent in Paris for the beginning of July. I had no idea that they would already be mainly booked up, especially in Le Marais area. I had found one to rent from a company called MyadressinParis, but there are terrible posts about the company on Tripadvisor, and the apartment itself has no reviews, which makes me very leary. I think it's probably best to rent from the owner directly, rather than from a rental agency?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

It's not necessarily better to rent from an owner directly, since that can be luck of the draw.

What are your requirements, and perhaps people can give recommendations.

You said you would prefer the Marais area, but are you flexible on this? How many days? What is your budget in euros per night?

Hopefully with that info, we can suggest specific places or agencies.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

You might try this one. I stayed in it last November. It's perfectly situated for a visit. The owners live a few doors down. They're great; the wife is American, so communicating in English is easy. It's also far enough off the beaten tourist track that it may still be available. Any questions, ask. Good luck.

http://www.vrbo.com/233368

Edited: 28 April 2012, 01:31
San Diego
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

What pmmcTO said: how big, how many people, for how long, what's your budget? I know a number of folks/apts but need more info.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
29 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

We can be flexible on the area, but with a preference for Le Marais, which I understand is a district with a lot of personality, but also safe and walkable to many attractions. Our main other requirements are that it have a separate bedroom with a door for the kids (and sofabed in the living area for us parents), quiet apartment (not too noisy from the street), a washer for laundry. The budget is also flexible, but nothing more than 200 euros per night, obviously more economical would be better. We were waiting to book our flight to see if we could align the flight with the availability of an apartment, but we were thinking starting from June 29 for 9 or 13 days.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

A great agency for apartments in the Marais is Paris Best Lodge:

www.parisbestlodge.com

It gets rave reviews here (I haven't yet used them but hope to in the future). I think they have many apartments within your budget.

How old are your kids? We stayed in a large one bedroom in the upper Marais which would meet your criteria, but it had a shower and no bathtub. Is that okay?

San Diego
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

I've used parisbestlodge and Thierry is great to work with and keeps the apartments in great shape. You should contact him soon.

There are two other places I've rented that would work but I checked and neither has availability in June or July. We usually book many months ahead.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
29 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

Thanks for your reply. I've previously contacted Thierry (along with every other property agent and owner, it feels like) and he's fully booked, too. I feel very upset with myself for not knowing that Paris books up so far in advance. The search continues.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

Another option might be to send an email to Vacation In Paris, and just ask them if they have any apartments available in your price range for the dates you require.

www.vacationinparis.com

We have also used Centreparis which is a budget, no frills agency. We stayed in their rue Commines apartment about 18 months ago and were really happy with it. They don't have a washer/dryer, but there's a laundromat right next to it.

www.centreparis.com

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

Check out the VRBO recommendation froM HappyGoin (above). It just might work, and it certainly is Marais-adjacent. Here's that link again--it meets your bedroom requirements:

http://www.vrbo.com/233368

Don't give up hope! If you can't find an apartment, think about renting 2 rooms in a nice budget hotel. Don't overlook the convenient fact that with 2 hotel rooms, you also get 2 separate bathrooms, which is really nice.

Also, your length of stay is wonderful so (especially if you decide on the 13 days) you can still do well if you stay outside the center arrondissements. You have the time to "invest" in a little commuting--it's a different case that if you'd be there only 3 days and need to have the major sites right in your backyard. Yes, the 4th Marais is central and convenient and beautiful, but you have the wiggle room to explore other bases that may not yet be all booked up.

So don't spend too much time being upset--you're going to Paris! Maybe book that budget hotel, and continue to search for an acceptable apartment. When?If you find one, cancel the hotel. Most have fairly generous cancellation policies, so make sure you don't choose a non-refundable special offer.

Edited: 28 April 2012, 03:44
Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
29 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend an individual to rent a Paris apt. from?

Thanks, pmmcTO, we've already tried vacationinparis, they have absolutely nothing on the dates we requested. I've just sent a message to Centreparis about the Commine apartment in arrondissement 3, so I'll wait to hear if it's available. It certainly looks spacious, and that's a great tip that there is a laundromat nearby.