We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions please

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions please

We are going to Disneyland Paris in Aug, but as the children have never been to into Paris before we have decided to pull in a few days exploring the city prior to going to the parks.

We are travelling from le Creuse and the journey to Paris normally takes us approx 3.5 hours, we dont want to take the car into Paris, so are looking for somewhere to stay that near to RER station or metro etc so that travelling into the city will be easy. Happy to travel up to about 30 mins if necessary so looking for suggestions on whether best to stay slightly out of the city and travel in or stay right in Paris (we do have a car that we would need to leave somewhere!)

Not looking for hotel recommendations at the moments, just particular areas others have stayed that have been convenient. Our children are 13 & 10 so pretty self sufficient so not got buggy's etc to lug around with us.

thanks

thanks

thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions please

Are you looking for one base to stay while you visit *both* Paris and DLP ? If yes, you definitely need to be staying on the RER-A rail line. There are some hotels very near the RER station in Bussy-St Georges, I believe it is 2 stops toward Paris from DLP's RER station. You can notate whether a particular hotel has parking or if there is just public/paid parking...

booking.com/city/…bussy-saint-georges.en.html

- - the Golf hotel is the furthest, about 20 minutes walking thru quiet residential part of town

You might want to look for closer in to Paris, the above takes about 30-40 minutes on the RER.

Edited: 28 April 2012, 18:35
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,065 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions please

You should also post this question on the Paris Disney Forum. Maybe the best solution would be to go to Disney first and arrange with the hotel there to pay for additional nights of parking.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g2079053-i21935-Di…

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions please

Our dates are already booked for Disney so we won't be changing them, the visit to Paris is just a tag on as the children have never been to Patis before so we are just looking for recommendations for a good area to stay with good transport links.

From your answer can I assume that you are meaning that the Val-de-Europe area may be a good area to stay? I think times to Paris on RER is about 35 mins aren't they?

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions please

Our dates are already booked for Disney so we won't be changing them, the visit to Paris is just a tag on as the children have never been to Patis before so we are just looking for recommendations for a good area to stay with good transport links.

From your answer can I assume that you are meaning that the Val-de-Europe area may be a good area to stay? I think times to Paris on RER is about 35 mins aren't they?

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,065 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions please

Sorry to confuse you--I was assuming you were staying for part of the time in the Disney area. I wouldn't suggest commuting daily from there to Paris.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions please

Thanks - we are staying onsite at Disney at the end of our time in France.

My husband and myself have been to Paris on several occasion before but not for a few years, we drive through ever year so are happy to drive in Paris if necessary, but public transport is so easy that there doesnt seem a lot of point, which was why we thought we would stay outside the city but somewhere with really good quick travel links and where car parking would be a little easier.

Travelnutty - thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look for hotel in that area.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions please

I think what mcal3K was trying to say was that you may be able to park your car at your hotel near DLP while you stay at a hotel in Paris.

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions please

Hi F1racegirl - yeah i understood what mcal3K was saying, but we are staying onsite at Disney after our time in Paris which is what I was saying in my reply.

Our plans are already set, all i was really looking for was recommendations for areas to stay.

9. Re: Suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:15