We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transfer vs Taxi

Northville, MI
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Private Transfer vs Taxi

I note that most recommend taxies over private transfers. I will arrive at Orly with 4 adults and 3 children (8,10 and 11)and need transport to downtown Paris. We will have 3 large suitcases, 2 small bags and about 4 carry-ons. How many taxies will it require and what will be the approximate cost compared to the private transfer.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

I see we have several who are drawing conclusions based upon erroneous assumptions.

There are indeed taxis that will carry 7 passengers with luggage which will cost but a fraction of what any shuttle companies will charge. Taxi G7 has a fleet of these they call Maxicabs and are typically Mercedes Benz cross over class vehicles.

Taxi G7

www.taxig7.com

English speaking operator 01 41 27 66 99

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

The fare from Orly will probably be €35-40 depending on time of day and traffic.

As noted, maxicabs do accommodate up to 7 passengers and their bags.

In addition to the meter charge (as noted on a prominent sign in every taxi), you'll be charged €3 each for every person after three, and €1 for every bag over 5 kg the driver stows for you.

Last I checked, Andy is charging €75 from Orly.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
765 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

Yes, that is correct about Andy charging €75 for the transfer from the airport to the city and €65 from the city to the airport. I know it is a bit more than a taxi or some others but he was so dependable the last time we were in Paris I decided to always use him.

I'll post back on my experience with his colleague, Laurent after our trip. We're actually using them several times as we are there a month and taking a few trips so we'll be going back and forth to the airport.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

From many points within Paris, Orly is only a 30€ taxi ride and possibly less.

Many might find it nonsensical to pay more than double for a ride to the airport simply because you know the driver´s first name.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,079 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

I looked at the G7 taxis link, it does look good( they even provide booster seats) , but the site itself is so poorly laid out and designed , so I gave up trying to get a cost estimate. I tried to do a booking with an airport pick up but was put on a page that wanted a street address and did not accept CDG as pick up point,, I must have doing something wrong but frankly I spend hours on the computer and hours on hotel, train and various websites, why was this one confusing me. It was annoying.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

Joan, it gives you a dropdown option to choose the airport -- right down to which terminal.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

Well, I included in my estimate the additional passengers and bags...

Just heading for the taxi queue is the most reliable and efficient means of getting your group to where you're going.

There's just no point or good reason to consider a "private transfer".

18. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 02:35
19. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 04:05
Toronto
Level Contributor
585 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Private Transfer vs Taxi

I like Joan1 and Grandmere3 have used inter-shuttle. With a large group,it is worth booking this car service. No pre payment and they are waiting for you when you arrive. Yes taxi is good too...but this company is reliable. No I don't get a commission for every referral.

Edited: 27 May 2012, 03:08