We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

We will arrive on Paris on a Sunday and will be staying in Vincennes (Metro Chat Vincennes). Are there any supermarkets open on Sundays and if so where near the area? If not, any other mini market to get some bread, milk and pasta?

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
573 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.50*
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

supermarkets are only open until somewhere around 1pm (some close at 12h30, some at 13h30 -- it's up to the individual stores)

There are sometimes corner shops available, but this is not guaranteed.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

The only shopping area that I know definitely opens on a Sunday is Les Quatre Temps shopping mall at La Defense - which is right the opposite side of Paris from you! But the good news is that you can get there direct on RER A from Vincennes or (much slower!) Metro line 1 from Chateau de Vincennes.

www.les4temps.com

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

All food shops will be open until 1am, the shopping district is right across the castle. Some corner shops will be open all day. It's a very busy place even on Sundays.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

The area near where you are staying is the main shopping area and there are loads of stores (mini-marts, supermarkets etc.) right near you. They will be located along the avenue de Paris and the streets that run north from it, especially along and off of avenue du Château and rue de Montreuil. As Sunshine said, the supermarkets will likely be closed after 12:30 to 1:30 but I'm sure there will be some kind of convenience store or other place where you can pick up some of the basic essentials.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,414 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

<<All food shops will be open until 1am>>

I think my Mrs. meant 1PM. :)

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

Oops! :):) Yes I did indeed mean 1pm.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

Thank you all for the information.

Departure point will be Auxerre and destination Vincennes, so hopefully we will make it before12h30 ( we'll need to drop-off the car first, then head to the Hotel, leave our baggages, and then do the shopping ). Need to wake-up early on that day :(

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

I saw in your other post that you are staying in a hotel. Most hotel to not allow any cooking in the rooms for safety reasons. Not sure what you would do with pasta.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

Thanks nancyleemo, its an aparthotel we will be staying at, with a small kitchenette. Actually this is the reason we are staying there, so to enable us prepare some dinner for my son, as he is a picky eater, and I don't think he will appreciate french cousine ( he does not even eat pommes frites!)

10. Re: Supermarket open on Sunday- Vincennes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:42