We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop on Hop off questions?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
428 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Hop on Hop off questions?

Coming to Paris in July, and will use the HOHO bus for 2 or 3 days to get around and see the attractions. There seems to be many different companies, so my questions are:

Is there one that seems to stand above the rest or below the rest, or they all the same in content, locations, service, hours of operations, etc??

Which company would you choose or stay awat from based on your experiences??

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,479 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hop on Hop off questions?

Well I think the HOHO buses definately have their place, and locals like Kerouac who would never use them always have negative opinions about them. I too live in a city with a HOHO bus . I personally would never ever take it or use it HERE,, duh, but I understand how some tourists here enjoy the ease of it,, no need to look at bus or metro schedules or routes to get from place to place.

So that said,, I would recommend the L"Open Tour bus,, if weather is good, because the advantage is being able to really see the neihborhoods as you drive throuh them,, if its rainy you would sit on the lowered covered level,, and lose the whole bonus of the views. They are super easy to spot, bright lime green and yellow. They have 4 route and stop at all major sites.

The metro if of course the fastest way to get anywhere.

To the person with 33 kids in tow,, seriously,, charter a bus,, or divide kids into small groups of ten or less, with one clued in adult, each group leader needs to be responsible to get kids on and off metro and to destination,, you have only a minute or two to load metro cars,, and 33 of you will not get on many city buses together ,, so that leaves metro. |On metro platform have groups stand apart so you can each jump in a door, you cannot get all 33 of you in the car if you crowd around one door in a minute.

All children should have a card with accomadation name and address, and cell number for some of you adults. Also, each should be told what to do if they miss a stop or miss getting on a train.

Good luck, if these are teenagers they will be fine, if these are indeed children ,, you are crazy.

Kroonstad
Level Contributor
169 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hop on Hop off questions?

Thanks for reply - the kids are all teenagers - 14,15 years old. Would you then recommend metro or bus as cheapest option for just 1day in which we have to see as much as possible in Paris!!

Kroonstad
Level Contributor
169 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hop on Hop off questions?

Thanks!! They are teenagers! Your advice is great - we have 9leaders in place so the group thing will work. Thanks!!

14. Re: Hop on Hop off questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:42