We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

Houston
3 posts
Save Topic
Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

Can you tell me where can we store some luggage at the Gare du Nord? How much does it cost? Do we need to bring our own locks? Anything else important to know about it?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Nord
Nord
Hauts-de-France, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
550 Reviews
from US$72.00*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
659 Reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,218 Reviews
from US$120.40*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
824 Reviews
from US$122.80*
53 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

I don't know the cost, but there are lockers one floor below the arrival/departure level -- not only do you not bring your own locks, someone locks your luggage up for you (like a coat check).

Allow **plenty** of time -- it's a very busy station, and waits can be considerable.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,153 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

"someone locks your luggage up for you (like a coat check)."

Unless it's changed recently, it's a do-it-yourself system. You and your luggage pass through an airport-style security scanner, then you take your luggage and choose an empty locker. Put luggage in locker, close door, put coins in machine, take receipt which includes a code number. To retrieve the luggage later, enter code number on machine by locker, locker door opens automatically.

Cost varies according to the size of locker you require. Something like 8 to 15 euros. As far as I know it's coins only. There may be a change machine there which takes notes (bills), but it's safer to arrive with lots of coins.

Edit: Forgot to say the entrance (down an escalator) is near platform 3 on the concourse. Look for the sign "Consigne".

Edited: 13 May 2012, 16:39
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

There are two different luggage checks. One is like a coat check, one is limited to just a few hours and is self-service.

Houston
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

Thanks for the replies! Are there any other places with less waiting?

I'm staying at an apartment on Rue Saint-Martin in 75003--since I won't be able to check-in until later in the day, but arrive in the morning, it sounded like a good idea to leave luggage at the station. However, it is seeming like a bigger hassle than I had hoped--perhaps I will just lug the suitcase around for a couple hours.

Any other thoughts?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

There is rarely a waiting line at Gare du Nord. There are 3 different sizes of locker.

Mentioned in this post
Nord
Nord
Hauts-de-France, France
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

The process will probably take about 15 minutes unless you are very unlucky - perhaps having to walk allthe way down the platform from the rear of a Eurostar that arrives a few minutes after the arrival of a crowded Thalys.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

ask the agency/owner -- it's quite common for them to allow you to drop your bags before checking in.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

How long may I rent a locker? i read on one site that I could only keep it for 3 days max. Where can I leave a suitcase for 10 days?

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

Check with the place you are staying. It is likely you will be able to store your luggage there until check-in time.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?

Just thought I'd share my experience with the left luggage area on the weekend. The large lockers are only available for 24 hours max (of course you can access your case before 24 hours is over but you will have to pay the same fee) and it charges 9.50€. There was a change machine down there to give you coins in exchange for 5, 10 and 20 Euro notes. I needed to leave my luggage for 3 days and I ended up returning everyday to open it and put more money in. It is located directly across from platform 3 of the grandes lignes and you will have to have your belongings xrayed on the way in. Hope this helps someone!

Reply to: Luggage storage at Gare du Nord?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted