We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MO
Level Contributor
225 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

Traveling w/husband & 12 year old twins. Will be arriving via Eurostar early afternoon May 31. Staying at Plaza Etoile, which is near Arc de Triomphe.

Day 1, Thursday, arrive in Paris 1:30pm

Explore hotel area, Arc de Triomphe, evening boat tour on Seine

Day 2, Friday

9:30 - 12:30 Segway tour, meets south of Parc due Champ De Mars

Les Invalides

Musee Rodin

Jardin Tuileries

Louvre (open late this night) (my thought was to go in the evening to avoid the huge crowds)

Day 3, Saturday

9:00 Eiffel Tower (opens at 9:30)

Les Egouts

Sacre-Couer / Montmartre (evening)

Day 4, Sunday (free museum day)

9:00 Versailles

Day 5, Monday, depart from hotel for train station at 6:15pm

Notre Dame

Conciergerie

Ste. Chapelle

Pompidou Center

Opinions welcome on the locations of places on each day. Do I have them grouped well? I'm hoping we have enough to do each day, with some leisurely eating & strolling thrown in. We're not foodies so we'll just wing it on where to eat (I'll research a bit, but I'm not making reservations anywhere).

Your comments are appreciated. Thank you!

MO
Level Contributor
225 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

Bump

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

Hi Perrier, it looks pretty good to me. The only thing I can think of is that day 2 looks very full and day 3 not so much (not sure how long tours go for in Les Egouts...).

Also, are you going to get the Museum Pass? I think it would be worth it for you to get even a 4 day pass. You are going to a lot of places that include the pass. If you haven't already done so, check the website to see if it would be worth it for you:

http://en.parismuseumpass.com/

You can even pick up the pass at Gare du Nord after arrival on the Eurostar :)

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

I don't have anything to add...other than climbing the towers of Notre Dame, which I'm sure you've already considered ;-)

Oh I know. I have one suggestion. Lots of crepes, croissants and desserts. To give you energy throughout the day ;-)

MO
Level Contributor
225 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

I have looked into the museum pass. We would only need two, one for each adult. I wish it didn't have to be used on consecutive days. I would benefit from the pass on Days 2 and 5 (Day 4 is free museum day). But there is the no waiting in line issue. That is definitely worth something. I'll definitely do some calculations & figure out if it's good for us.

And the recommendation for crepes, croissants & desserts is the best idea yet! Looking forward to desserts.

Thank you all for the comments & suggestions.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

For me, Day 2 would be much too full. We couldn't do a tour plus Les Invalides and the Louvre on the same day, much less the Rodin too. Good luck to you....

MO
Level Contributor
225 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

As far as the Rodin, I was thinking maybe just tour the sculpture garden. So, segway tour in the a.m., then Les Invalides & Rodin garden in the afternoon, then in the evening do Tuilieries & Louvre. Still think this is just too much? I will rework a plan B for this day.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

Oops, hit too soon. I also don't know why Versailles on Sunday is important. I think the free period is only during low season? If so, that first Sunday would be a fine time to visit the Rodin and/or the Louvre (at the right time of day!)...or Orsay...or the Pompidou Center...the Orangerie (excellent!)...Musee de Cluny, and several others - perhaps even l"Arc de Triomphe.

MO
Level Contributor
225 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

Versailles isn't necessarily important on Sunday. I did think it was free museum day, but even if it isn't we might have the museum pass. I guess I put it on Sunday b/c it was the most costly of the places we plan to visit & at that time I was not planning on a museum pass. I'm flexible. But I DO want to go to Versailles.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

<<why Versailles on Sunday>>

Why not Versailles on Sunday? :-D

Re: Day 2, personally I think it's manageable - assuming that, like Perrier has stated, Rodin is a visit to the peaceful gardens (which is like a rest in my opinion), and that the Louvre isn't a detailed visit of 5 hours +...But as Chazwaa noted, you have some space on Day 3 if you decide to skip, lets say Invalides, for another day.

10. Re: Draft #1 of 4 1/2 day itinerary. Comments, please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:17