We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel du Cadranhotel

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
676 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel du Cadranhotel

Thanking everyone for their advice on choosing a hotel in the 7th. We have chosen Hotel du Cadran for both price and location. We arrive CDG at 6AM so no doubt we will arrive at the hotel long before check- in time. Can anone tell me he approximate time to pass through passport control and customs at this hour? I felt this hotel was well placed in relation to transportation via bus and also well located to Rue Cler, where we can stay alive nearby while sleepwalking on our first day, and find restaurants and souvenir shops during the next few days.

I received correspondence from my first choice hotel stating that the dates in October were very busy as there would be a Grand Prix for horses at the Arc du Triomphe. Has anyone heard of this?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,205 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel du Cadranhotel

You'll probably arrive at the hotel by 8 or 9 AM. If the hotel is not fully booked and/or your room is ready, you may be able to check in. Otherwise, you'll be able to store your bags.

If you have any preference for dinner, you may want to have the front desk reserve for you.

First thing we always do once we've dropped the bags is find some really good food and coffee, and you'll be able to do that easiliy in the area.

At Place de l'Ecole Militaire are several appealing cafes. There's a good crepe stand and a place that serves full breakfast on rue Cler. Another nice place for breakfast is Flirt, 3 avenue Duquesne.

You may want to purchase a carnet of transit tickets at any of several Tabacs or go into l'Ecole Militaire metro station, where there's usually an attended window for other tickets you may need during your visit. (This station has an escalator out.)

If you'll need/want a museum pass, Eglise du Dome is a good place to buy one (no line).

If you're up to it, you may want to wander over to the Eiffel Tower.

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
676 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel du Cadranhotel

Thank you for the information. I was also thinking that we would have some breakfast on Rue Cler and then ride the #69 bus for a brief overview . Does anyone know about the Grand Prix for horses? Arc du Triomphe seems like an unlikely place for a horse race.

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel du Cadranhotel

The Prix de l'arc de triomphe is one of the biggest horse races in Europe. It's run at Longchamp, the racecourse in the Bois de Boulogne.

Suffern NY
Level Contributor
676 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel du Cadranhotel

And where is that, s'il vous plait?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,205 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel du Cadranhotel

If you look at a map, the Longchamps racecourse in the Bois de Bologne is in the 16th arrondissement.

http://www.prixarcdetriomphe.com/indexUK.html

Bus 80 to Alma Marceau then Bus 72 east along the Seine to Hotel de Ville and the islands is another nice ride for an overview.

6. Re: Hotel du Cadranhotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:41