We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palmetto, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

I was in Germany, called and was quoted 278 Euros to travel from Germany to London. When I got to the train station, I was told that Eurostar booking systems was "down", and I could buy a ticket to Paris (for 100Euros) then book Eurostar to London. No problem getting to Paris...then I was stuck... no one available to help who could speak English, and when I finally did find someone, she told me the fare was now ANOTHER 248 Euros. I asked if I could get on the next train. NO, was the answer, as the ticketing system was down, and no one could help me. I would HAVE to spend the night in Paris (in a dump of a hotel!) and try for the next morning.

Another 55 Euros to stay in this horrible hotel.

Then I couldn't get my ticket at the train station, the ticket machine did not work!

It ended up costing me over 400 Euros for a ticket I was quoted at 278! And I was so stressed out. Eurostar refuses to refund the difference between what I was quoted and what I actually paid. They tried to tell me that I went to the wrong ticket counter in the train station in Paris and that it was all my fault. No refund!

Db Bahn is starting service through the Chunnel in 2013-- can't wait... I will travel on their service before I would EVER consider Eurostar. Eurostar is more interested in making money than having customers satisfied.

They even told me that everything that could possibly go wrong... did. But take no responsibility for it.

FORGET Eurostar

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

You will have to wait, they have changed their plans to at least 2015.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

You were quoted €278 over the telephone but did not buy the ticket at that time, but waited until you got to the station to purchase a ticket - is this what happened?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

It sounds like a very frustrating experience but I fail to see how it is the fault of Eurostar. Train tickets, just like flights, are not guaranteed until they are purchased so they had no obligation to hold the fare that they quoted you. Even if there wasn't an issue with the ticket machines they could have raised the fare to whatever they wanted.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

I feel your anger but don't really see your point??

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

You should have just bought them online, you get your quote and buy the ticket. Simple. I just came back on the Eurostar yesterday with no problems whatsoever.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

in the interests of balance, I have used Eurostar between London and Paris on numerous occasions and have never experienced any problems with tickets or anything else (except that last time the train got into St P 20 mins late and I missed my connecting train)

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

And how are all your issues Eurostar's fault.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,694 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

I just did a Google search for "Eurostar booking system down" and couldn't find any other complaints.

What I don't understand is how, if the booking system was down, they could sell you a ticket to Paris - but not London.

I can understand how aggravating this was. I don't think I'd write off Eurostar because of this, I would just plan ahead next time. You'll get a better fare, and have a ticket in hand well ahead of your travel date.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

Eurostar have not had the best of reputations in the past for customer relations when things go wrong and many people for various reasons are looking forward to DB starting to operate services direct to London. However there are a number of unspoken questions. Firstly, I have never encountered any member of Eurostat staff who could not speak a reasonable amount of French and English, although the number of Flemish speakers in London and Paris may be more limited. Secondly, when did this happen. If it were yesterday afternoon/evening it could well have been that the trains were full because the general crowd of weekend commuters would have been joined by those travelling to UK for the Diamond Jubilee weekend holiday. Thirdly in relation to refunds, Eurostar's responsibility could not possibly start until a ticket has been purchased.

10. Re: Eurostar was the WORST travel experience I have ever had

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 17:35