We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been on a River Siene Cruise?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been on a River Siene Cruise?

Hi all,

I am looking to go on a cruise along the Seine:

-where is the best place to board

-how much do they typically cost

-how long do they typically last

-do they return you back to where you go on?

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been on a River Siene Cruise?

1. The various companies board from various points, for example the Pont Neuf bridge or near Pont de l'Alma so it really depends on where you are when you want to go on your cruise and where best suits you. Pont Neuf is fairly central so we went from there.

2. On the day tickets usually cost about €11.50 or €12 but you can get interest discounts such as linked here:

http://www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/

Dinner cruises cost much more:

http://www.bateaux-mouches.fr/en/tarifs.php

3. Usually an hour or so unless you go for a dinner cruise or similar

4. Yes, they do

Edited: 05 June 2012, 13:18
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been on a River Siene Cruise?

The Bateaux Mouches cruises last 70 minutes. The others usually run 55-60 minutes. Naturally the dinner cruises (which I do not personally recommend unless you are on an expense account) last longer.

The main thing to decide is whether you prefer a big boat or a small boat. There are so many different boats that you only need to stand on a bridge for about 10 minutes to see all of the possibilities passing under you.

New York City
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been on a River Siene Cruise?

I did the Vendette de Pont Neuf boat tour and it was nice. We could hear the tour guide pretty clearly and I would say it lasted a little more than an 1hour. We did a night tour and I booked it online so we could get the discount. I would recommend it. This year we are doing the dinner cruise, but last time we did the regular cruise and it was well worth it and a nice treat. They still have the discount online of 5euro. Good luck.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been on a River Siene Cruise?

We did the Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruise this past Sunday evening. The cost was 67 euros and it was a lovely three hour trip, beginning around 8 p.m. and ending right when the Eiffel Tower finished its 11 p.m. twinkling. The food was nice...not exceptional but nice. We were given a glass of bubbly plus a whole bottle of red wine along with the full dinner courses. We felt it was money well spent.

5. Re: Has anyone been on a River Siene Cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:16