We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Paris - itinerary suggestions?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Paris - itinerary suggestions?

Hi all,

I'll be flying into CDG airport at 14:30 on a Thursday and leaving Paris Gare Lyon at 10:20 on Sunday. I will be putting up at Hotel Beauborg in the Marais district, which is just a stone's throw away from Pompidou Centre and the Forum.

It is my first time in Paris and I am wondering what is the best way to plan my trip so that I get to see the quintessential sights in the city? If anyone has any itineraries they can recommend, it'd be welcome.

There appear to be too many fantastic museums and places to visit, so I'll be glad to receive opinions on what is best to do in the very short time I have in Paris. I was initially very bent on taking a day trip to Versailles too, but given my time constraints I think I will have to pass on it...

Hoping to hear from you all then!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Paris - itinerary suggestions?

Well, everyone will have a different view of what should be done on such a short visit to Paris but for what it is worth my suggestion is...:

Once you got to your hotel and have settled in, take a stroll down to the Seine and wander through the Île de la Cité and île Ste Louis and have a look at Notre Dame. Then get a nice meal and relax.

For me the 'must do' museum is Musee d'Orsay, so I would suggest a visit to there on Friday morning, perhaps followed by a Seine cruise or a visit to the Jardin de Luxembourg. Then in the evening go up to Montmartre and visit Sacré-Cœur Basilica and then sit on the steps below it to take in the view and listen to the buskers.

On the Saturday you could possibly visit the wondrous tower of Notre Dame then the stunning Sainte-Chapelle. Then head up to look at the Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile (I wouldn't bother going up) and walk the Avenue des Champs-Élysées to the Jardin des Tuileries. Finally, cap your visit off with a trip up the Tour Eiffel.

Now, that is a packed itinerary and you might want to trim but there you go :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Paris - itinerary suggestions?

Hi there

A book which may be of some help is the DK Top Ten Paris. It might help to narrow down the must sees & other sights you can also fit in. I also found the Paris Museum Pass in 2010 terrific. We had a four day pass, may be a 2 day pass could suit your needs if museums are your thing but it also gets you into Versaille.

Kind Regards

Merran

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Paris - itinerary suggestions?

Thanks for all the suggestions, their very much appreciated! If I can, I will update here on how my upcoming short trip to Paris went :D

Cheers,

Debbie

4. Re: 3 days in Paris - itinerary suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:42