We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

I am trying to put my itinerary together and have decided that instead of buying 4-day Museum pass, I will put all the places that it covers on two days and just buy the two day pass. My question is, will I have the time to visit all of these places in two days?

day 1

Louvre

Notre Dame (crypt and tower)

sainte chapelle

day 2

arc de triomphe

napoleons tomb

pantheon

Orsay

I first planned on buying the 4 day pass and had the places split up on different days across my 5 day visit but thought that if I can do it in 2 days then it would be cheaper.

Thanks for your help!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

I totally think you can do it, but for Notre Dame, it covers admission but does not allow you to line skip there, so go to the Towers first thing in the morning, even 1/2 hr before they open. They only allow 20 people up at once ( stairs are narrow, and area up top small) so lines move slowly once established. The church you can pop in to after, the lines for that always LOOK horribly long, but they move quickly as there is no admission just a bottle neck at the door. Then do St Chapelle, the pass allows line skipping there for the tickets but not for security so make sure you are in line for security for those who already have tickets.

You actulally will then have some time in afternoon lelf to do something after lunch. You could walk up to Louvre and spend an hour or so in there.. its covered on pass and you can line skip. Or if not interested you could walk through latin Quarter ( up Boulevard St Michel) and visit the Pantheon then, and even the Cluny,, they are both not long visit type places and no waits with or with out pass.

One day two I would visit Invalids Army Museum along with Napoleons Tomb they are close together and the AM is rather interesting!

On day two

Clitheroe, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

Hi, yes I think you will be able to do that in 2 days. I have been working on my itinerary too for travel in August and decided to get a 2 day pass rather than 4 days :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

thank you both! I am going in March first to London and then take the train to Paris. I will post my itinerary on a separate topic and will ask for any suggestions for modifications.

Thanks again!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

Also make sure you check the various closing days of the places you want to visit (usually Mon or Tues). Also the Louvre is open late one or two days a week ( I can't remember exactly but it's easy to find that out). So you might want to have your two days cover one of the later hour days.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

You certainly can do it in 2 days BUT it depends what you want to see in the Louvre and d'Orsay. I can easily spend a whole day or more in either of those museums but everyone's style is different and I know many people only like to spend a couple of hours max. If that is what works best for you and you only want to see highlights, then 2 days should work fine but if you want to visit either of those places in depth I would recommend the 4 day pass so you don't end up rushing.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

If you have any interest in visiting Versailles, that is also covered by the PMP but would take another day. As are other chateaus. Something else to consider when deciding between 2 day and 4 day.

I don't remember the price difference but while your list is doable in two days, I think I would feel a sense of urgency/pressure to make sure I covered everything in the two days. Also crowds would affect my sense of pressure -- and I would not want to feel hurried. I personally like the 4 day pass so you have enough time built in to just wander, stop at a cafe and not worry about moving on to the next place. Just my opinion.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

the price of 2 day is 39Euros and 54 for 4 days. I am also going to see Versailles but will be going with a tour group.

Kittycatwoman, that is why I am also considering the 4 day pass. The convenience of not rushing myself. Also, the fact that I can come back on places I have already visited if I have the chance.

8. Re: paris museum pass (2-day or 4-day pass)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:40