Hello all! My friend and I are planning to go to Paris for four days, and after some research, this is what I came up with. We are recent college grads and trying to be reasonable with budget. Also, we want to see the Louvre but other than that, we are going to save museums for another trip.
Any suggestions and advice would be welcome! The sooner the better...we will be there in less than 2 weeks. I am totally new at planning but where I could, I included a rough time-table.
MORNING- Arrive in Paris-Austerlitz train station around 8:30am. Find out way to our guesthouse, drop off bags, make our way back to the city.
1) View the Eiffel tower from the bottom
2) Pick up lunch from Rue Cler and picnic in the Champ de Mars by the foot of the tower
3) Les Invalides
4) View Arc de Triomphe from the bottom
5) Walk down Champs Elysees (we'll be back later)
6) Head over to Le Marais. Check out the street performers and view the outside of Centre Pompidou
7) Get Berthillion ice cream, and eat it in the Place des Vosges
8) Maison de Victor Hugo
9) Musee Carnavalet...maybe.
10) Batobus ride along the Seine
MORNING, 10am-2pm: Louvre
1) Lunch from a crepe stand or creperie
2) Jardin de Palais Royal
3) Arc du Carousel
4) Angelina's for hot chocolate and Mont Blanc gateau
5) Jardin des Tuileries: sit or walk around eating some pastries from Angelina's
6) Place de Concorde
7) Champs Elysees leisurely night-time stroll; Grand Palais, Petit Palais, Avenue Montaigne
8) Arc de Triomphe: climb up for the night view
9) catch the Eiffel tower light show at midnight
1) Notre Dame
4) Memorial of the deportation
6) Rue Mouffetard
7) Jardin de Luxembourg: pick up food from Rue Mouffetard and lunch in the Jardin
8) Boulevard St-Germain
9) Tour Montparnassee
2) Wander around Montmartre
3) Canal St-Martin
4) Marche Aligre, Marche Beauvau markets
5) Pere Lachaise Graveyard
6) Gallerie Lafayette
7) Au Printemps
8) Opera Garnier
We leave on a flight the following morning :(
I am open to switching these days around. I know I planned a lot. I want to see as much as possible while still not missing out on a feeling of leisure and getting a real vibe.
The reason our mornings start late is because our guesthouse is 40 mins-1 hour outside of Paris by metro, and I want to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night so I don't get sick or turn into a zombie.
Also, we get free breakfast and dinner every day at the guesthouse. I think we'll take the breakfast, but idk about the dinner...it's Paris, and even budget travelers can eat out, no? Even just a splurge for 1-2 nights?