We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
378 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

I am always watching airfares to Paris. Thinking about either October or November this year. Airfares are staying up around $1000 except on Turkish Airlines which has fares for less than $800. Anyone have any experience with Turkish Airlines?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

I have taken them a number of times. I thought they were very good, at least on the local Paris-Istanbul route with which I am familiar.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
378 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

Thanks!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,565 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

I know that they have the worst safety record of any airline in Europe (if you count Turkey as being in Europe).

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

all I know about them is their extensive advertising campaigns for about the last two years -- they're a a member of the Star Alliance (with Lufthansa, United, and US Airways, among others).

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1,777 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

I've flown this airline within Turkey and between countries ... no problems whatsoever.

Paris
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

I use them on a regular basis to fly to Central Asia. I would rate them slightly above your average American carrier. Plus, Istanbul airport is very nice.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

Not quite true that Turkish Airlines has the worst safety record in Europe. They are only a little bit worse than Air France and better than Aeroflot: www.nettavisen.no/reise/article2543035.ece

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

And yes, they are a European airline, just as Turkey is one of the first members of the Council of Europe.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

Very nice airline, don't worry. And Turkish people on general, are very warm and open so the flight attendants are very nice a lot of times.

PS: Aeroflot is perfectly fine as well :-p

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is anyone familiar w/Turkish airlines?

Parisbaby, what city would you be departing from on Turkish Air? I'm curious as I'm watching the fares as well.

You might want to look at Aer Lingus via Dublin - their fares are quite good as well.