We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

Bonjour! My husband and I will be visiting Paris Friday November 9th to Wednesday November 14th in celebration of my 40th birthday.. Please review my draft itinerary and help me determine if I am missing anything grand or if it appears too hectic. It will be my husband’s first visit and my first in 30 years and as an adult.

We love wine, cheese, chocolate, people watching and sightseeing. We are ok being tourists but not into chitch. I’m obsessed with discovering Parisian Macaroons. We are both fit and prefer to walk when it’s logical. We are early risers, not late night partiers.

We will be traveling from Boston, MA USA Thursday night through Ireland, onto Paris on Friday so day one should be light and an earlier to bed evening. I plan to book us at the Hotel Le Walt in the 7th on 37 avenue de la Motte. Thank you for your advice and suggestions!

Friday: Stroll Luxemburg gardens, Musee Rodin, Pantheon, early dinner in St Germain, casual Bistro

Sat & Sun interchangeable best weather day for Versailles

Saturday: Louvre & L’Oranegie (I adore Monet)

Sunday: Versailles

Monday (My Birthday!) Boat down Seine, Notre Dame, Metro to Montmartre, Champ de Mars, Change for Dinner at Jules de Verne do Eiffel tour

Tuesday: Musee D’Orsay, Invalides, Arc de Triomphe, Champ Elysees window shopping.

Do you recommend any specific tours to fit in with this list? We are willing to spend a little extra where it makes sense to have a great experience. Thank you!

Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

check out bike about tours for their bike trip through versailles. We saw a lot more of the town and the Marie Antionette village . Had a great guide and tons of fun. easy ride.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

In order to include all that, I'd do it a bit differently

Friday: Pantheon, Luxembourg Gardens, Dallyou at Place Edmond Rostand for Macarons and/or Pierre Herme at 6 rue Bonaparte, rue Guisarde is lined with wonderful casual bistros

Saturday: Rodin, Orsay, Montmartre (livelier Saturday than Monday)

Sunday: Versailles, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe

Monday: Louvre, walk through Tuileries and Place de la Concorde to Orangerie

If you'll be staying at Hotel le Walt, after changing for dinner, you can stroll to through Champs de Mars to Le Jules Verne (and "home")

Tuesday: Invalides and a few other places

If you're a fan of Monet, highly recommend a visit to Musee Marmottan.

You really won't have time for any tours.

You'll also find macarons at Lenotre, right across the street from Hotel Le Walt.

A visit to Galeries Lafayette is worthwhile for the gorgeous interior.

Consider 7eme Vin for a terrific dinner near Hotel le Walt.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

Actually, there are some tours you may want to consider

Segway tour Tuesday night. Segways are great fun to ride and this would be a terrific last look around.

The Foxity tours are another great way to enjoy a LOT of scenery.

Edited: 23 June 2012, 18:31
Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

THANK YOU!!!! Great advice, much appreciated. I do love a Segway, as long as the guides speak english. I'll check it out.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

The Segway guides are American.

(And, I meant to include Seine Cruise last thing Sunday, unless you'd prefer to go in the daylight.)

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

IYHO, do you think the Seine cruise is worth the time? does it go further out of the immediate city center...so would it be an opportunity to see more then what we will be experiencing the rest of the week?

7. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:41
8. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 June 2012, 18:35
Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

Olivier, I have another thread running on the meal subject. I am hesitant about making too many dinner reservations. I tend to get really wrapped up in schedules and don't want my internal type A to take over and rush past a museum treasure because I need to get to a restaurant in time. We tend to eat on the early side and my hope is we will get lucky with walk ins at a few recommended locations. To be honest a small bistro with fresh ingredients sounds divine.

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 day Paris Itinerary Help. Thank you!

If you are looking for an alternative to the usual (and central) Seine cruise, consider one of the cruises with Canauxrama.

I missed out on going with them because I didn't get an advance ticket online and it was sold out. Not as likely to happen in Nov. though if you prefer to take your chances and buy a ticket when you know how the weather will be.

BTW, grew up in Quincy and BESTest friend ever lived in Norwood!

Edited: 24 June 2012, 17:47