We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG_Longchamps Duty Free?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
CDG_Longchamps Duty Free?

I am considering purchasing a Longchamps bag while in France. Is there still a duty free store that carries Longchamps at CDG? If so, how do the prices compare to say Galeries Lafayette?

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG_Longchamps Duty Free?

Yes there is a Longchamp counter at CDG.

Prices are more or less the current local price minus the détaxe, so no fuss for forms to get stamped.

But, and in my wife's opinion it is a big one, less choice. At least in paris you have the Lonchamp boutiques (e.g. in St-Germain) plus the Galeries Lafayette main store and the Montparnasse Tower store.

And now they have leather pliage...

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG_Longchamps Duty Free?

Thank you for your input. I'm just looking for the basic small tote in black. Hopefully the store(s) at CDG will have this one in stock. The prices are noticeably cheaper than the U.S. stores like Nordstrom or Saks.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG_Longchamps Duty Free?

Thank you for your input. I'm just looking for the basic small tote in black. Hopefully the store(s) at CDG will have this one in stock. The prices are noticeably cheaper than the U.S. stores like Nordstrom or Saks.

Edited: 05 July 2012, 01:23
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,705 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG_Longchamps Duty Free?

The Longchamps bags I saw at CDG were the same price as in the Longchamps store. At least where I was it didn't appear to be a duty-free shop. Don't remember seeing them in the duty-free shop. But they are much cheaper than in US, and I ended up buying 2 (but not at CDG).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
355 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG_Longchamps Duty Free?

Regarding Longchamp. I went to Galeries Layfayette on Monday. The line for the Longchamp department was akin to Seinfield's "Soup Nazi" episode. The store had placed barriers with canvas "roping" at the Longchamp dept. You waited on a line. A long line. when you reached the front of the line, a security guard let you enter. Upon entering the dept. You could browse then get on another line to place your "order". Upon placing your order you received a little ticket with information and pricing. You then waited on another line to both pay and receive your item(s). I swear every sorority girl from the US who was on vacation in Paris was on that line. I, myself, had to pick up a weekender bag for my daughter. Was it worth it? You bet your bottom dollar it was!!! Tthe price was 70 euros--it was not on sale, but at that price, it was a lot less expensive than here. It was the same price at the CDG airport. I did spot a small le pliage bag in black for 66 euros (I wanted to check the price as I have one). Being in Galeries Lafayette during the soldes was one of my highlights. I also got some great ballet flats for a great price. Good luck in your shopping!!!

6. Re: CDG_Longchamps Duty Free?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:46