We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
2 posts
Save Topic
Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

Friends,

I am going to land in Paris Beauvais on Saturday night and rent a car from there on Sunday morning. I first intend to buy an infant car seat and few stuff, groceries for the road trip.. that I take to Lucerne with a night stop over in Basel.

Ok. Can you please provide me following info:

1. Are there super stores/hyper markets which are close to Beauvais which are open on Sundays where I can buy the infant car seat?

(I perhaps need to worry less about other stuff which I'd be able to find on superstores that may be located on the route from Beauvais to Basel.. but I'd need the infant seat to get going.

Thanks a lot for posting your quick replies on this question.

yours,

Shai

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

There will be nowhere open on Sundays. Hypermarkets are closed on Sundays by law. Smaller grocery stores are usually open just from 9-1 (exact hours vary by store). Nothing is open on Sunday afternoon.

Bring the infant seat with you on the plane. The airlines check them for free -- and your infant should be in one on the plane, anyway.

2. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 21:05
Lisbon, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

Dear Sunshine and Toes, Thanks a lot for your reply.

(1) Ryan Air does not allow the child car seat.

(2) Is child car seat compulsory on all roads or only motorways?

(3) The car rental agency did not have child car seats.

So, what do I do now?

best,

Shailesh

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

How late are you arriving? The Auchan in Beauvais is open until 21:30 on Saturday.

les-horaires.fr/60000/…2165.html

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

pretty sure child seats are compulsary on all roads.

As for your pickle, can you buy one on line and have it delivered to the car rental agency? Chane car rental agencies? Change flught arrival? Buy a ticket for your car seat on Ryan Air?

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

Even if your child is not permitted to seat in the carseat (which seems ridiculous but we are talking about Ryanair) can't you pay to carry your car seat as luggage?

The quick read I just had suggests there is a fee of 10 Euro per flight for infant extras (car seats, buggys etc) - surely that would be cheaper and easier than buying a car seat?

Edited: 10 July 2012, 08:39
Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

I've never heard of an airline that did now allow you to check your child car seat (as extra baggage) at a fee or otherwise. Yes, we are dealing with Ryanair, but I vaguely recall reading something about this on their website on the baggage info. page.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,620 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

Baby car seats are absolutely compulsory on all French roads and you most likely won't find one in or around Beauvais on Sunday so just bring yours. Here is what Ryanair says:

<<Additional infant equipment such as car/booster seats and travel cots may be carried in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance. Infant equipment up to a maximum of 20kilos (car/booster seats and travel cots) booked online is charged at the rate of £10/€10 per item/per one way flight or at the airport or through a Ryanair call centre, the higher rate of £20/€20per item/per one way flight will apply. Any infant equipment weighing over the 20 kilos allowance will be charged for the excess at the applicable excess baggage rate per kilo.>>

ryanair.com/en/…regulations-checkedbaggage

Edited: 10 July 2012, 10:30
9. Re: Urgent technical request - Paris locals(?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 06:15