We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Topic
Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

We will be in Paris in late March - early April. It will be my wife, our two 8 year olds, and my parents. I have narrowed down our apartment choices to two - one across the Seine from Notre Dame in the 5th, the other across the street from the Eiffel Tower in the 7th. Any advice on which would be best for our situation, particularly having two kids with us? Links to the apartments are below.

parisdeluxerentals.com/notre-dame-apartment/

parisperfect.com/apartments-for-rent-in-pari…

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

Neither of the links seem to work for me. The first one takes me to a page that just has the name of the agency on it (can't click anything). The second one takes me to the main agency page, but not a specific apartment.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

Both apts are beautiful and similar in decor. I can't get the map link to work on the first, but do like it best for your situation for several reasons:

1. Larger apt sq foot-wise

2. Three bedrooms vs two of you sleeping on a pull-out couch

3. Less money for more

4. I like the location better for the kids - closer to Luxembourg Gardens with its great playground, close to the Ile and Notre Dame, restaurants, street market etc. The other is also in a lovely location, I think just not as good for kids (we stayed right by the Luxembourg Gardens our first trip with kids similar in age to yours; right by the ET on our trip with teens.)

@toutou, very strange that the links didn't work for you! The second one is the saint emilion apt if that helps.

Edited: 10 July 2012, 18:58
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,080 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

They both look lovely but I agree that the first one would probably be better.

The one near the ET says that the LR sofa turns into 2 twin beds. After taking a closer look - I have a very similar sofa and you need a lot of room to maneuver it into place ( the arms pull out and then turn on a track creating either 2 twins or one kingish bed)

With your group I think private bedrooms would make more sense. And the location of #1 is very very central.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

Both lovely apartments, but both so above my price point I can hardly bear to look at them. (Do you detect a tiny bit of envy there?)

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

Holy Moly!

I'm with you, nukesafe. Just a few Euros above my budget, too. A month's rent on that is our whole travel budget--for 4 weeks!

But they are lovely apartments, and I'm sure you will have a great vacation, CatManDo.

TVQ

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,674 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

The location near Notre Dame is much better for a first time visitor. And having 3 bedrooms rather than 2 and people on a fold out in the living room is just so much nicer.

And like Nukesafe, I am envious; we don't pay that much for a month long rental in Paris

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

Another vote for the first one. For all the ideas previously stated. (I think it's unanimous:)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

Yep the first one for sure.

And I'll jump on the jealousy train -- I'm spending 1,400 euros on a studio for a month! But they are truly lovely and tres francais!

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

toutou I'm having the same problem as you in both Safari and FireFox. I'd really like a peek at these places now that I've read this thread.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trying to decide between two Paris apartments

Here are two links to some of the apartments taken from the website.

A Marias studio:

www.parisdeluxerentals.com/maraisstudio/

And a one bedroom in the Marais:

www.parisdeluxerentals.com/vosges-tournelles/

MM - Do those links work?