We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teens in Paris

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Teens in Paris

I'm taking my 16 & 17 year old daughters to Paris for 7 days at the beginning of August. They are willing to do the museum/main attractions route, but are there some suggestions for things more interesting for their age?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,911 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teens in Paris

Have you plunked them down with a guidebook and asked them what they want to see?

They're plenty old enough to help plan the days' activities...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teens in Paris

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Have they searched the internet or are they too busy on Twitter?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teens in Paris

Agree with above. Let them figure out what they want to see and do.

And, you don't have to do everything together...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teens in Paris

I agree with the replies, people enjoy stuff much more when they helped in the decision. And planning a trip can be almost as fun as the trip itself!

California
Level Contributor
6,395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teens in Paris

There's a free fashion show at Galeries Lafayette most Friday afternoons. Email welcome@galerieslafayette.com a month or 6 weeks before you go for reservations.

The segway tours are a blast for teens (and adults, too!). It's a little pricey, but will probably be one of the highlights of their trip http://citysegwaytours.com/paris/ (this company also does bike tours that are less expensive)

There are the Rando Velo bike rides on Friday nights http://www.parisrandovelo.fr/

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Teens in Paris

Thanks, everyone. You're right about the planning. Great idea about the fashion show...is there a dress code?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Teens in Paris

hi, I'm taking my 17 year old niece to Paris in the first week of August too and like yourself ive been looking for other stuff to do as well as the main sights to see, here are some ideas i've come up with:

* Take an open-top tour down the Champs Elysees and past the Eiffel Tower in a vintage 2CV, there are various tour itineraries you can do and the price varies - prices start at about £45 for the car for the half hour tour - you can stop for photos along the way, it looks fun and nice to have a break from walking everywhere!

getyourguide.com/paris/…

* Parc de la Villette has free outdoor cinema screenings - August 5th there is a comedy Marilyn Monroe film showing - you can take a picnic and relax with the locals after a long day sight-seeing

* Segway Tour - these look really fun but can be expensive but you can find some that are 2.5 hours long rather than the standard 4 hours and this helps with the price - apparently its pretty good to do on an evening as it gets dusk and the city starts to light up

getyourguide.com/paris/…

* Ive booked with Blue Bike Tours to do a cycle trip in the afternoon on our first full day - they have excellent reviews and take no more than 10 in a group and apparently they use mostly cycle paths, i hope so because i'm not an experienced cyclist!

* If you plan to go to Montmatre i've read up and booked to do the City Free Tour with Chris apparently his tours are fantastic, lots of knowledge but humourous too

www.cityfreetour.com/home/index.php…

* When you are visiting Notre Dame be sure to check out the "Love Lock" bridge that connects to the left bank!

Hopefully these ideas may be of some help, hope you all have a really great time :)

8. Re: Teens in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 July 2012, 15:37
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Teens in Paris

They might enjoy the catacombs if they're not easily freaked out.

Foodwise, it's not very Parisian, but there's a Hard Rock Cafe.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Teens in Paris

If they want to pretend to be fashion models, they can go to one of the places along avenue George V in the evening -- Bound (if it has reopened), the Paradis du Fruit or the Renoma Café. Lots of glitzy young wannabes of both sexes every day.