We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
NZ
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

Our train arrives at Charles de Gaulle train station at 9.32pm our final check in is at 10.20pm at terminal 2E. How long will it take to walk from the train station to terminal 2E? Thanks!

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

Are you saying you are arriving to CDG the day of your departure flight with less than an hour before check-in closes?

I'd allow 10 minutes for the walk, assuming you don't get turned around.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

This is a very high-risk strategy. What is your Plan B if your train is delayed by 45 minutes?

Either find an earlier train, or spend the previous night in Paris.

NZ
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

Thanks, why would we get turned around?

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

"Thanks, why would we get turned around?"

Some folks find CDG very hard to navigate. I am not one of them, but if you didn't go the right direction, you'd get turned around... so to speak.

NZ
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

Many thanks! Decisions, decisions! We either catch the earlier direct train that arrives at 9am, or take a train into Paris(City) and then try to navigate our way to the airport with luggage and 2 kids. (our flight leaves at 11.20, final check in is 10.20).

Edited: 15 July 2012, 12:47
Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

There is no way on this earth I would take a train to CDG that is scheduled to arrive less than two hours from my flight departure time.

As tempting as it may be, you are playing with fire.

The last two TGV's I took from Avignon to CDG were delayed. One by 20 minutes, the other by 45. I've also taken many that were right on time, but I would never risk doing what you are thinking of doing.

If departing on a morning flight from CDG to a non-EU destination, I always go up the night before and stay at an airport hotel. No worries then. It doesn't matter if the train is late or not..

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

It will be extremely risky to arrive at CDG at 9:32, or even 9:00, for a flight departing at 11:20.

You should allow at least two hours. Three would be better.

I'd say the walk is closer to 20 minutes (unless you nearly run).

You never know how long it will take to check in (and check bags) for your flight, how long the lines or how quickly they will move at passport control and security.

Experienced travelers would strongly advise you to make the trip to CDG the night before. Otherwise, you risk missing your flight and having to purchase new tickets.

NZ
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

Thanks so much! I won't take the risk and I'll find another route. Thanks again!

9. Re: Walking distance from TGV station at airport to Terminal 2E

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 06:17