We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Saint Louis, MO...
2 posts
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

My wife and I are planning on traveling to Barcelona / Paris this coming New Year's. We are planning on starting in Barcelona and then traveling up to Paris the day before New Year's Eve. I have tried looking around for details regarding fireworks in Paris, and I am having a hard time confirming that there will in fact be a fireworks display around Champs-Elysee and the Eiffel Tower. Can anyone provide me with some information regarding this. Also, is it true that the view of the fireworks from Montmartre is really good? Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Mike

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
675 Reviews
from US$75.40*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
731 Reviews
from US$49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,280 Reviews
from US$104.10*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,902 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

There are no fireworks in Paris for New Year's.

essex
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Is there anything happening on the streets?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Ive asked this already if you want to search my post. The Champs Elysee is very busy with people gathering for midnight. There are plenty Xmas markets still on at NY. Metros are free from NYE till midday on the 1st.

Im hoping to get tickets for Eiffel Tower on 1st Jan.

Equanimity
Level Contributor
1 post
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Although there are no fireworks planned, people do tend to gather on the steps of Sacre Coeur and you get a great view over Paris from there. Everyone is happy and friendly, too! Also, have brought in the New Year in the past in the square outside Notre Dame - impromtu "events" do pop up in these public places - just go with the flow: there will be lots of people around to celebrate with!! See you there!

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Unless there is a specific celebration this year, there is usually no firework in Paris that day. The big fireworks are on Bastille day, ie 14th July

Orinda, California...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Yes there are every year.

Orinda, California...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Guys do your research they let off fireworks every year at the eiffel tower. I live here.

christchurch
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Hi Nicola T. I am so glad you said that as we are coming from New Zealand to spend New Years Eve in Paris and was so looking forward to fireworks. Is there anywhere you recommend to go to be part of the action and have lots of fun. Cheers

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

We were there on New Year Eve for 2012. It rained and rained and we got pickpocketed. Undercover cops arrested the gang and we spent two hours at Gare de Lyon Police station giving statements. Beware they operate at Porte Maillot Metro. Romanian gypsies youngsters.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year's Eve in Paris 2012/2013

Hi Rosetta,

My partner and i are the same. We are staying in Marais and don't know what to do or where to go for New Years Eve. If you find anything interesting, post and let us know. Thanks Rod