We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
7 posts
Save Topic
Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

Hello,

Traveling for the first time to Paris with my girlfriend for 4 nights. We're both under 30, and need help picking neighborhood/hotels. We're looking to do the normal tourist type stuff, not interested in finding an off the path hotel or anything like that this time around. We don't mind spending between 200-300 a night if it's worth it. I've tried to research neighborhoods but just can't decipher between them. Would love a lovely view, or great location for shopping/tourist type stuff. Would love to have a hotel right in the "mix of things".

We like to shop, eat, not big drinkers/party people so nightlife isn't important. Looking for safe areas also. Hopefully someone out there makes sense of this and can help!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help!

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

check out these hotels in the7th on Rue de Bourgogne. They all have websites -just type in the names

Hotel du Palais Bourbon

Hotel Varenne

Hotel Montana

We find the area is central without being overly crowded or touristy. it has a neighborhood feel and has always felt safe to us at night or during the day. A five minute walk gets you to the Seine at Pont Alexander. It's close to the Invalides, Place Concorde and metro staions are close by. it's fairly close to good shopping (rue deBac, Ave St Germaine etc) and most museums, sights are walkable. There are restaurants on the street and within walking distance.

Hope this helps

jhgrady

Boston...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

Thank you so much! I will look into these today. From the research I've done it seems like the 6th and 7th are what I'm looking for as far as tourist attractions go.

Thanks!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

another option is to check out renting an apartment via airbnb ... maybe look for places in the 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 11th (you can search for Paris 75003, 75005 and so on) ... you can find awesome places for $100-$150 a night

i went to paris last month with my boyfriend (both 30) and we stayed in an airbnb apartment in the 11th and had a great time.

Ferndale, Michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

Good luck—you're getting a somewhat late start. We planned a trip in mid-October, and as of three weeks ago were already finding a lot of "no vacancies." We ended up renting an apartment, but we'll be there for 9 days. I don't think a lot of agencies will rent an apartment for only 4 days, esp. in September. How much "under 30" are you? Our daughter and a friend (23, 21) stayed in a youth hostel, but I don't know where, exactly. It was really cheap and they were happy with it. They wandered around Paris, danced in the Louvre, and subsisted on bread and cheese. They had the time of their lives!

SA
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

September is the busiest month in Paris, so you will have to book something as soon as possible. For first time visitors the single digit districts are recommended, that is districts 1 to 9. If shopping and sightseeing are your major interests, then possibly around the Louvre, Madeleine or Opera would be a convenient area for you.

And here are a few nice hotels that might work for you in my opinion:

Paris Louvre Opera (Best Western) - http://hotelparislouvreopera.com/

Hotel Opera Marigny - http://hoteloperamarignyparis.com/

Hotel Massena - http://www.paris-hotel-massena.com/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

Zach - first off I want to compliment you on your attitude about what you want to see and do ----- 'we're looking to do the normal tourist type stuff'.' You are anxious and prepared to leave yourselves open to enjoying Paris. Not like some who want to hide or pretend that they are not tourists, yes tourists, who want to see the famous sights that people go to Paris to see.

Your budget of up top $300 is a healthy one, but as others have said, you will have a hard time finding hotels, no matter what your range is. The 4er, 5er, 6er, 7er and 11er all all good areas with shops, restaurants and centrally located. Start NOW trying to book hotels or possibly an apartment, some will book for 4 nights if they are available.

You have enough hotel suggestions above to at least get started.

Let us know what you decide.

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
541 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

With that budget I'd go to the Best Western Premier Royal St. Michél.

8. Re: Paris in Sept. Need help with hotel!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 10:17