We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants for picky eaters...

traverse city, mi
8 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants for picky eaters...

Or should I say eater...my husband. ;) We would love to have one really nice dinner while we are in Paris. All of the American restaurants I have researched are burger and sandwich places. We are looking for something a little bit more upscale...steak, pasta, etc. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$329.40*
Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
81. Re: Restaurants for picky eaters...

The only time I gagged on food was in Venice.

I should have listened to the waitress as she asked me several times --in both English and French--- if I was sure, really really really sure, I wanted that dish...

it looked nice: white pasta on one side and black "sauce" on the other side of the plate (I have lots of black and white clothes)...The guy at the table next to us said something like: "oh boy! you wouldn't pay me enough money to eat THAT!"

I did my best to eat some then the waitress joked she had rather remove the plate at once than call for an ambulance... The black "sauce" was mostly-- or perhaps only-- squid ink.... real ink might have tasted better.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Restaurants for picky eaters...

That's all well and good to say don't accommodate your kid and he'll eat when he's hungry. When my average height kid was down to less than the 5th percentile in weight, my pediatrician said to just feed him what he'd eat.

But the unsolicited parenting advice is always so appreciated.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Restaurants for picky eaters...

Ah, yes, squid ink can be a challenge for some people. You can even buy tinned octopus in ink in supermarkets. Yum.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,851 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Restaurants for picky eaters...

Let my kids go hungry???

I showed my picky-eating kids (who have a picky-eater mom) this thread and they said "wow mom you are a much nicer mom than them!" Such good kids -- I think we are all going out for ice cream now...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Restaurants for picky eaters...

Octopus ice cream full of ink?

Allonsee
Level Contributor
862 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Restaurants for picky eaters...

…turkeyhill.com/index.php/…

There you go, K. Just what you need to cool down.

87. Re: Restaurants for picky eaters...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2013, 10:16