We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something really exciting!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Something really exciting!

I might have fibbed in the subject - I just wanted you all to have a look... Sorry ;)

I have settled on our Paris itinerary and now I have some questions about transport.

Our itinerary (for October) is:

Sunday: arrive CDG 14:35

Monday morning: Notre Dame tour

Monday afternoon: Segway tour

Tuesday: Disneyland

Tuesday evening: Arc de Triomphe & Champs Elysee

Wednesday morning: Montmartre

Wednesday afternoon: Walk through Latin Quarter & St Germain des Pres

Wednesday evening: Eiffel Tower

Thursday morning: Louvre

Thursday afternoon: Les Halles & Le Marais and other walking

Friday morning: Depart Orly for Naples 10:35

We will be staying at Hotel Paris France in Rue de Turbigo. Hubby and I are 40-50ish and fairly fit. We will probably walk where we can. We don't mind paying a premium for things that add value e.g. if catching a taxi is double the cost but saves twice the time then we'd probably take the taxi. I have read that taxi or private or shared shuttle to/from airport probably takes longer than the train - not sure if that's an exaggeration or not?

So, given that I want our travel to be reliable, easy and not the slow option, what options do you recommend for us to get to/from the airports and to Disneyland etc?

Many thanks in advance :)

Sorry again for the misleading title!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something really exciting!

I would certainly get a taxi to and from the airports. We always do, as after the long flight from Australia the thought of getting on a train is horrendous!

I am not sure about Disney as I have never been, but you could probably catch a train there quickly and easily. You could search for information using the search box, or I am sure someone else will come on who knows about it.

Have a great trip.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something really exciting!

You would have also gotten responses with a proper title, like "itinerary help".

I would take out les Halles, it used to be something, but now it's pretty much just a crappy shopping mall.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,111 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Something really exciting!

You haven't mentioned any museums/art galleries in your itinerary ...

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Something really exciting!

Dale, the Louvre is there on the Thursday.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Something really exciting!

Quote: "I would take out les Halles, it used to be something, but now it's pretty much just a crappy shopping mall."

I second that opinion, plus the marais in itself is worth the whole afternoon.

ETA Les halles shopping center is currently under reconstruction.

Edited: 25 July 2012, 11:42
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Something really exciting!

http://www.parisleshalles.fr/

Florida
Level Contributor
17,114 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Something really exciting!

Disneyland is accessible by using RER-C line (direction: Marne la Vallee/Chessy - it splits before the end so be on this train). Cost estimate for r/t ticket is 12 euro. The RER station is last on the line and ends just outside the park entrance.

Most people would buy a 'carnet' of metro tickets for getting around Paris for just a few days. A carnet is 10 single tickets for about 12 euro.

There are cheaper ways to travel to/from both airports but a taxi is door-to-door - use a licensed operator (taxi rank) not a random person who approaches you in the terminal. You can call ahead for a taxi pickup for the morning you leave.

www.taxisg7.com/taxis/commande-taxis…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Something really exciting!

I take public transportation even after endless flights, and I doubt that I am the only one. So if you want to save time AND money, you will take the RER from the airport.

Actually, the Les Halles shopping mall is still as busy as ever. They have only had to close about 3 or 4 stores for construction needs at the moment.

Edited: 25 July 2012, 15:26
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,142 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Something really exciting!

Les Halles Mall is accessible but it is still an ugly shopping mall full of teenagers -- of all the things to do in a short trip to Paris this would not be on many lists.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Something really exciting!

Thanks so much everyone for your responses. I'll give Les Halles a miss.

Can I buy the Carnet at CDG?

Can I use the Carnet tickets from CDG to Paris Hotel, from Paris Hotel to CDG and from Paris Hotel to Disneyland?

Do I specify that I need the most zones when I buy the Carnet?

I read on another website about this issue " If you have a Pass Navigo / Carte Orange with at least 4 zones purchased, it would be best to purchase a single ticket for the OrlyVal train just to Antony at a cost of 7,90€ and from there use your Passe Navigo for the RER B line to Paris. A single ticket (a billet Ile-de-France) for the entire journey between Orly and central Paris will cost 10,75€ (adult) and 5,35€ (children)."

This quote above really confused me.

Thanks,

Cassandra