We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from CDG airport into Paris central

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from CDG airport into Paris central

I will be arriving in Paris at 8:00 in the evening with my husband and two children aged 13 and 10. We will have four large suitcases and 4 carry-on bags.

Is it better to catch a taxi from CDG airport or organise transport prior?

I have a quote for 100 euros with a transport company, but a taxi should be around 50 euros I believe.

My concern is the amount of luggage we will be carrying.

We may end up getting 2 taxis if they are not wagons.

Any advice, tips or tricks?

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
573 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.50*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,180 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from CDG airport into Paris central

There is no wholly reliable shuttle service into central Paris: take a taxi. Just go out of the terminal to the official taxi rank.

Paris has "maxi-taxis". The dispatcher at the rank will allocate you to a suitable taxi. The cost will be around €50. There will be small extra charges for the 4th passenger and for luggage in the trunk.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from CDG airport into Paris central

it will cost closer to 60 Euro when you add the 4th passenger charge, and the one Euro per bag in trunk charge -- still definitely the way to go

it is no problem being matched with a larger cab at the airport -- you won't need two -- when returning to the airport you need to make clear that you need a larger cab for 4 people with large suitcases.

I don't know what you mean by 'large' here, but your trip will be a lot happier if you travel lighter so everyone can easily manage their stuff. we try to have a 22 inch carry on and a messenger bag each which makes it easier to board trains and climb stairs and do all the things we find ourselves doing with luggage in hand

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from CDG airport into Paris central

You are right to be concerned about your luggage. It is going to be very difficult for you to manage and I strongly recommend that you try to cut it down.

I have taken my children to Europe twice and even though we were away for 6 to 8 weeks and we had ski gear and formal clothes for a wedding we had about half your luggage. At times I wished we had even less than that!

Are both your children capable of carrying their large bag and their carryon? If they can't manage both bags can the adults carry 3 bags?

I notice from your other posts that you are planning to travel by train - please be aware that you will need to get all of your luggage on and off the train by yourself. There will be steps up onto the train and there are no porters or luggage trolleys to assist you.

4. Re: Taxi from CDG airport into Paris central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 20:15