We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris trip - 2 days - Advice required on itinerary

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paris trip - 2 days - Advice required on itinerary

Hi ,

We (Me and my husband) are planning to visit paris this saturday for couple of days.

We would be reaching paris on saturday 10:30 AM and would be staying in Hotel republique near republic square. We would be leaving paris on Monday (Early morning)

We are visiting paris for the first time hence request you to provide your valuable suggestions on the following:

a) Best way to travel in paris. Bus, Train/Tram ?

b) Is getting a paris pass worth it?

c) We are not very inclined towards visiting museams. Hence please suggest the must watch places which can be covered easily in 2 days in Paris.

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Divya

Florida
Level Contributor
17,116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris trip - 2 days - Advice required on itinerary

For Paris travel just buy metro tickets (a 'carnet' is 10 tickets sold at a slight discount). You aren't really there long enough to get any passes.

You can make up your own 'sights' list for two days' worth... most would like the Eiffel tower (may be too busy for you to go up, but worth a visit to the area and see it up close), Cathedrale de Notre Dame, maybe a Seine cruise (takes a little over an hour)... find a pretty garden (Tuileries or Jardin de Luxembourg are very nice)...

fodors.com/world/…feature_30001.html

…about.com/od/…top-paris-monuments.htm

opentravel.com/Things-To-Do-In-Paris-France-…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris trip - 2 days - Advice required on itinerary

A) My preference would be taking the bus so you can see more of the city...If you need to get to your destination in the shortest possible time, than ta ke the subway but use the bus when you can. You could also look into taking the hop on hop off tour.

B) I dont think you will get the best value by getting Paris Pass since you will be visiting a short while and its mainly to see the museums.

C) Must sees in my opinion...Eiffel Tower, Seine Cruise, Notre Dame, Montmarte are with the Sacre Couer, street markets, Louvre (even if you dont like museuems it is one of the most breathtaking in the world and the Tulieries Gardens next to the museum are beautiful) I also liked visiting the Arc de Triumph but didnt have time to ascend to the top since it took 3-4 hours to see the Eiffel Tower.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris trip - 2 days - Advice required on itinerary

For long distances the metro or a bus is fine, but walking along the river will take you to many of the sites and sights of Paris. There are lots of places that are close enough to be walkable and the plus is a nice feel for the city.

jhg

4. Re: Paris trip - 2 days - Advice required on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 00:18