We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horrible apartment rentsl experience

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Folsom, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Horrible apartment rentsl experience

I recently rented an apartment from Paris Autrement. What an unfortunate choice that was. Two weeks prior to our "trip of a lifetime" our son had a serious injury due to a fall. We contacted Paris Autrement immediately and aprised them of our sons hospitalization. They said not to worry that they would cancel the reservation immediately.

Then a couple days later they said don't worry we will market the apartment as available and return 100% of the days we can re rent! Yikes!

Then they did not list the apartment as available on their website.

Then they stopped responding to my pleas.

In the end they only returned half of the substantial amount of money they had in their posassion.

We really hope to go to Paris one day after our son is rehabilitated. It will be tough to do financially since Paris Autrement kept so much money and told us that our reasons for cancelling did not matter to them.

Legal, yes....short sighted...yes...Use their services at your own risk. You will have no recourse if you have problems with them or their apartments.

Edited: 15 August 2012, 23:30
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Horrible apartment rentsl experience

I do have sympathy with you re your son and I hope that he is recovering well.

With the criticism of the apartment rental I think that you should not have posted it on TA.

Count yourself lucky that they refunded you some of the money.

That really was a gesture of goodwill and should be treated as such.

Your post might have given them some good publicity though and I hope it has.

J S
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Horrible apartment rentsl experience

Hi Junebug99

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Paris Autrement. We had a horrible experience with them too in June 2012. Someone with a spare key to the apartment entered when we were out and stole all the money which we (stupidly) kept in our luggage. I've posted a detailed account of my experience in another forum titled "paris autrement apartments" (posts #58 & #81). In short, they denied everything, saying this has never happened before and that we have no proof that money was stolen. Fully agree with you about using their services at your own risk.

83. Re: Horrible apartment rentsl experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:16